1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Silverstone Monday May 6

Discussion in 'Trackdays & Rider Skills' started by chizel, Apr 7, 2019.

1. Well I had a good day... I mean that.. despite my 749 terminally shitting itself after 2 sessions..( such is life.) but I had fun and was nice to see many friendly faces from here...
    I pisses me a bit that @Not Carl Fogarty is ever improving and I'm reduced to borrowing his bike!! Lol... No, it don't , it's good to see him pushing on...
    And that he let me borrow his bike...
    All and all an expensive but fun day.
    At some point I will get full day in!!!
    And at least I didn't bin it..
    Think it was a trouble free day for all crash wise wernt it?

• Like Like x 3
  2. You need a Honda mate :eyes::scream:

3. Do farts have lumps?

• WTF WTF x 1
  4. Or a Gixer 750 ;)

5. No one "needs" a Honda ... they get an coz they work and work well... but do you "need" one? What I need is a bigger bank balance and a 2 bike van...

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. That's going nowhere. Bloody great bike now I'm ironing out a few small issues. Considering it's 11 years old it properly rocks.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Although your blade is a lot of bike for the money.... for myself, at my level, the amount of days I would have put in to be to feel comfortable and use the power is not going to happen... baby steps for me... thoroughly enjoy this shit but I know my limitations and expectations.

• Like Like x 1
  8. You need another as a wet bike....

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Your 749 will have as much as that blade

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. How do you figure that?

11. It may be on par with a il4 600...

12. Sorry... it may 'have'

13. I think I get ya .. it will for me ..

14. Good to see a couple of you today
    Sorry I didn’t get a chance to come say hi, but we were flat out in masterclass and I’m properly jet lagged
    I think I rode in 16 sessions today :(

• Like Like x 2
  15. I'm seriously considering signing up for 31st May.......

• Like Like x 1
  16. Hopefully the summer will have turned up by then as it was bloody freezing this morning

17. That old 929 will probably have 115 maybe?/ so not too far off a 749

18. Just Googled, std 929 seems sub 120, 749 100. Thought they had more than that,,,given some claim 165 on 749r... ;)

19. The r puts out a lot more than the base... I think the s 749 was supposed to be 114 or something.? Supposed to be... but I get what you are saying now. I thought those old blades were more powerful than that for sure...

20. I know my 749s was a bit quicker than my track base, to due riding em back to back one day.... but that is another story.... think I have been listening to to many pub takes when it comes to the old blade.. I should know better especially as I went for a ride out a few weeks back with a mate on an 02 blade and he struggled to keep up when I thought he should be blitzing me... ( and here was me putting it down to my skills!!)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information