1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Silverstone Moto Gp (spoilers Incl)

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by Red899, Aug 23, 2021.

1. Enjoy!!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Dixon only 1.58 seconds off pole I’d say that was a result for him all things considered

0B1FF77F-7277-40CF-89AF-04000E213926.jpeg

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. I've only seen ten odd laps with Lowes just missing out, but quite respectable for that old dog in position eighth.

4. Had a very pleasant day sat in Woodcote A, looking up the Wellington Straight, overlooking Luffield and Woodcote and looking up the National Straight. Wouldn’t be surprised if there are a few grid penalties handed out for tomorrow after a lot of dawdling through Luffield looking for a tow in all three classes. Three show boaters in MotoGP, Jack Miller, Cal and Rossi, all pulling outrageous wheelies and stoppies to entertain the crowd. Hopefully tomorrow will be a bit warmer too, today was chilly. Andy

5. been down today, stayed for the British talent cup race, no commentary of race at all, played music over tanoy, WTF is that about? these young kids were giving it the beans and deserve better

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Talent Cup relegated to an after party, be better to have that between practice sessions. It might encourage more sponsorship for individual riders. :)

7. Went yesterday. Glad I didn’t pay for today. Racing was pretty dull.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Well…
    Over here, in Francia, we found that race pretty cool, to be honest! :D

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Well I was hoping for a result from Jorge Martin but MM put paid to that the clown.

10. Crikey that was dull.

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. A bit like the queen's speech i guess, people tune in everytime for some action but end up tuning out for some odd reason.

12. The race was on ITV today for those without BT subscription. Just trying to watch it on ITV hub but be warned, it’s currently freezing every 45 seconds or so!!

13. How did lowes get on?

14. Edited, 4th. Apologies. Andy

#34 Android853sp, Aug 30, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2021
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. 4th

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  16. I wonder where John McPhee goes from here. He’s had some decent results occasionally and always talks a good fight but had several chances at top teams. Maybe a second rate moto2 team but can’t really see how he’ll justify a top ride again.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. After a poor qualifying, going backwards from the start and getting caught out in the tail end melee, all of which were his own doing, I cannot see him continuing after the end of this season. The other issue is his age, which at 27 is not in his favour. Andy

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Trouble with McPhee is he’s the only Brit. Otherwise he’d never be mentioned. And he simply is not a top 10 rider. Amd if he wasn’t the only Brit he probably wouldn’t have a ride at all

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Really not sure why Jake was offered (and took) a wild card ride. Never ridden a MotoGP bike, no testing time whatsoever and thrown into his home grand prix. A lot of platitudes from the commentators but he was way out of his depth and quite frankly, didn't look a potential future MotoGP rider. IMO, his decision to take the ride has done him more harm than good. Andy

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information