1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Silverstone Moto Gp (spoilers Incl)

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by Red899, Aug 23, 2021.

1. Must be money driven, or Dixon would have stayed to win bsb then gone wsbk

2. Bit harsh that mate he's won three or four times and a load of podiums just don't know who to believe re the bike or team not working as they should, bike looks slower than the likes of the Ajo bikes to me and it's not like binders winning stacks of rounds this year either. 40 points behind him and they're talking about binder on a gp bike lol.
    Would like to see him stay in moto 3 and win it with another team personally.

3. He doesn't have the killer blow D & A required week in and out in Moto3 for me.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. I thought McPhee had to leave moto3 this year? I thought he had reached the age limit. I think he needs to do something else, maybe Moto2 but the reality is that he’s probably ridden a moto3 bike for so long now that adapting to anything will be a challenge, maybe a British Supersport ride on a GP class bike, then into worlds when they adopt the newer varieties of bikes etc.

I’m a McPhee fan but I can agree he’s had long enough to get a consistent run together.

ref Dixon, personally I think he did a really really solid job, so easy to criticise, none of us have a clue what those bikes are like to ride, literally none….

• Like Like x 1
  5. John was 27 in July this year and the current maximum age limit for Moto3 is 28. Sadly I don’t see a Moto3 championship in his future nor do I see a seat in a Moto2 team with the current crop of Moto3 riders heading there. Your point about Darren Binder is however, well made. 6 years in Moto3 and only 1 win to his name in no way justifies the hype. Riding on his brother’s coat tails perchance ? Andy

• Like Like x 1
  6. Didnt realise JM was that old i just went to check Fenati's age thinking he was like 28 and he's only 25 - think i may be missing a few years somewhere lol.

7. You are correct, not even Jake. I first met Jake when he rode the RAF Reserves Kawasaki in the BSB. IMO, it was a mistake to walk away from BSB and move to Moto2, it was too early and a surprise to me, given his less than stellar performance in World Supersport. Only time will tell if the Silverstone outing actually did his credibility any good which, for the record, I hope it did but I’m not holding my breath. Andy

8. Got back yesterday from a great weekend at Silverstone.

Not the most spellbinding track I've been to but it were a belting atmosphere and great to see the doctor one last time.

Grand weekend camping, it were dry all weekend (which is real bonus when you're in a tent) and campsite atmosphere was spot on.

Food n drink was eye watering expensive :D but you know what you're getting into at these events.

Glad i went!

• Like Like x 3
  9. The main race was a tad boring due to FB gaining such a good lead. No real battle up front.
    Reminded me of Lorenzo at his best.
    Credit to him though, he really made a statement of intent with that dominating race result.

• Agree Agree x 3
Do Not Sell My Personal Information