1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Silverstone Moto Gp

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by Red899, Jul 4, 2022.

1. The thing that pisses me off more than anything and why i think twice now is being asked to spend £25 to park in a field and then have to walk to the gate.

Hopefully those in charge will think much more carefully about their pricing in future but next year i plan a foreign Motogp trip anyway.

2. Sounds like typical rip off Britain. £25 for parking FFS. That’s just a joke .

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. I believe Silverstone is one of the most expensive venues on the calendar.
    Still, only half the price of the bore fest that is Formula 1, and nothing like as packed.
    Perhaps it being on ITV also affected the attendance, maybe it will increase it's appeal to motor racing fans, as more of a spectacle?
    We paid £120 on the Sunday for Village Grandstand seats, £60 for the lad. I think it was only a few quid more for the whole 3 days.
    Parking is free on the Friday and Saturday, but we do the Park and Ride from either Sixfields or Towcester, which isn't bad as the buses get away from the circuit quite quickly.

Good motogp race, Miller did his usual celebratory stoppie right in front of us after the reace.
    Brilliant result for Jake Dixon, who again celebrated in front of us.
    Glad to see the Japanese moto3 rider is okay, he wasn't moving after the collision and had to be stretchered away.

4. Based on what I’ve just read, I don’t think I’ll bother.

Probably answers the BSB question as well, the racing is far more easily accessible/viewable on our ‘little’ circuits.

My mate’ lad had a decent go in BTC (Harrison Dessoy) though I do think he’s giving away about 15kg to Johnny Garness. Perhaps (as Redding suggests for WSB) there ought to be a bit of levelling up in rider/bike weight?

6. They used to use Anpr to see who is parking and who has paid. No idea if they still do it.

• Useful Useful x 1
  7. Was also sat in Woodcote for Sunday. Silverstone is really expensive, but certain things simply aren't captured on TV. It would be worth going just Friday or Saturday, and watching from the fence at entry of Maggotts, Copse, Stowe, etc.

8. Oh the irony of complaining about the cost of an event but being able to afford to fly in by helicopter, are you a Labour MP by any chance?

• Funny Funny x 2

9. Used my work bonus to treat my dad for his 80th birthday
    Maybe I should have known my place and drove like a true labour voter would?

10. Just submitted my survey feedback, bit of a long survey but you get a chance of free tickets for next year!!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information