1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Silverstone*spoiler

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by XH558, Aug 24, 2018.

1. 007869C3-484C-4047-A9B1-F125927BFAF4.png

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. Sorry if already posted

3. Only 2 short years ago....it was raining all day. Not quite as much standing water bit you can see there is, all over the circuit. This is what the tv was showing as the track condition about 2pm. I had the benefit of sitting at home and watching it and the suits they took.

Funny, Marquez needed the win, and so did Jlo, at this round...

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Mate, it stinks what's gone on there, and anybody who saw that circuit late afternoon, will know that. A disgrace that, so many fans should travel, pay and endure that sort of weekend for fuck all. Whatever riders were involved should be bloody ashamed, that they didn't at least try.

5. My only gripe is that there was supposed to be a track inspection at 4pm and if okay go at 4.50pm for first race, but the decision to cancel was taken before that inspection had taken place.

So they’d obviously made their minds up before 4pm, which is a bit cynical of an official line going out saying otherwise. Dishonesty rankles and shows a lack of respect for the folk who had turned up to watch and who without they wouldn’t be in business.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Seen Marquez giving it ‘we love the fans’ bullshit on an FB link to MGP website. Makes me sick #outragedofgloucester

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Racers or no they are still humans, some have kids and so on....when I saw that BMW safety car sliding all over the place on 4 wheels...I thought no way there is going to be a race there on 2 wheels and switched off the teli.
    It is not the wet tarmac but the deep puddles that cause "sudden" aquaplaning.
    I agree with the race direction decision, however could have come up with the same statment at 14:00.

8. Let me put a different slant on that one thing, the BMW drivers were quite deliberately drifting the cars in the wet conditions. Andy

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. There's a lot of heroes on here !!!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  11. I just hope that everyone gets their refund, including Silverstone.

Doesn't sound like the GP will be back there unless there's a complete resurface, that kind of additional investment could ruin whoever picks up the tab.

Wonder how much Donington would need investing to make it gp ready?

12. The problems with the surface were everywhere, Crutchlow reported. "It was most of the track, yeah. I came out of pit lane and started to change gear and you were just spinning, spinning… and not spinning like a used tire, you were spinning on surface water. So you can imagine when you shut the throttle or brake with the front brake, you are aquaplaning with the front not the rear. You can half manage to aquaplane with the rear because you have a throttle in your hand. But when you have a brake in your hand and it's to do with the front it's a lot more difficult, the situation. There were dryer parts of the track, but it was completely offline and that wasn't the issue. The issue was going to be when 23 bikes on the track and you're all trying to race."

13. I think the cows are back in from the field and tucked up in the shed for now:upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. Believe it was later discovered that he hadn’t severed his femoral.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. That was at 1030 tho...

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information