1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Silverstone*spoiler

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by XH558, Aug 24, 2018.

1. I was fortunate to be sitting at home , so no great shakes for me. And I do sympathise with those whom were there and lost out. But I think the right decision was made. The track is not suitable to be raced on in its current condition with too much standing water in the mix .

2. No surprise that tickets for 2019 are not on sale despite advertising to the contrary at the circuit over the weekend.
    According to the Silverstone web page, paying ticket holders will be contacted some time next week.
    Shan't hold my breath for compensation though. Andy

3. Apparently it wasn't the artery that was severed.
    The medics at the scene thought it was the femural artery because there was so much blood but I presume that was from the broken bones pretruding from the skin?

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. I have no issues with them cancelling for safety reasons, I'd just like it to have been done after the advertised 4pm track inspection rather than before for the sake of transparency.

5. even though you could see there was no 4 o clock inspection...

6. Sorry not sure of your point?

There was a track inspection due at 4pm, the IRTA meeting and decision to cancel was made before that track inspection had taken place, before 4pm.

I’d have liked the cancellation decision to have taken place after the scheduled track inspection had taken place. Once the most up to date track info was available. We’d been there since 0815am, we’d have been happy to wait another fifteen or twenty minutes.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. One of my mates is an official motoGP photographer, and has just text me. He said MM was in his garage after the decision laughing and joking and was seen to punch the air when it was canned. Regardless of people's opinion on the track etc etc, a top sportsman should not be celebrating after pissing off 10's of thousands of people. The whole event was a disgrace and the fans have a right to be very aggrieved, especially as no top rider even bothered to look at the track or try a siting lap.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. my point is, there were several track inspections throughout the day, but there seemed to be a long time of nothing with the Marshals sweeping the track and still sweeping when the riders (read some riders as there was a confusion as to who and how they had been invited) attended IRTA...the riders came out making the "its off gestures" whilst the marshals were still sweeping......and then they stopped.

and what he said above

• Like Like x 1

9. He’s happy because theres now only 7 rounds left, he’s basically got himself a 25 point bonus and didn’t even have to get wet.

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. @XH558 - see it'd not been deleted....................it's just that it's over a year old and so has slipped down the rankings ;)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. May be its the wrong Silverstone spoiler thread...

12. It's not......we've established that already ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. For those that are REMOTELY interested this thread is alive and well.

It’s not been deleted and has NEVER been deleted!

14. Clearly something I’ve missed or something I have on ignore

15. It’s not that interesting

• Like Like x 1
  16. Most things rarely are.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information