1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Simon Le Bon’s 888

Discussion in '851 / 888' started by Wassy, Oct 7, 2020.

1. He might just collect them as ‘investments’.

• Thanks Thanks x 3
  2. I remember seeing Simon’s 888 in David’s workshop in Battersea because he’s looked after my 916 for the last 20 years.

I was told it was a one off factory special made for Simon.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Ditto. He serviced it for him.

• Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  4. Thanks for that. Unfortunately cant play because I am in NZ. Shame!
    I wasn't actually un believing, just that he is such a nutcase...love his work!

5. The bike and him are featured on one of the old ‘Fast Bikes’ dvd’s.
    Have it up in the loft (the dvd, not the bike).

• Like Like x 1
  6. Come on Simon put the missus down and respond about this wonderful bike.:eyes:

7. I lived nextdoor to him about 10 years ago - only briefly. Remember seeing a number of bikes in his garage and spoke to him about them. He had a vintage dirt bike uncovered, and I recall discussing my 748. Shame I can't remember exactly what he had. Nice guy

8. You haven't got Simon Le Bon in the loft have you ?
    .... asking for someone else .... :cool:

9. I think he more recently lives further out of London, Hungerford way to be precise, that or someone else regularly drives through Hungerford with 'L3BON' as the number plate and I'm way off!

10. Keep him in leather with an 8 ball strapped to his kisser :eek:

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. So surely you're the perfect person for knocking on his window and asking the question as our roaming DF reporter.:thinkingface:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Or perhaps on the back door :noentry::laughing:

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Don't worry i've a stuntman for that sort of thing.:dizzy:

14. One of the Dad's at my children's school says he used to work at the dealership where he had the bike serviced and according to him it was also sold through there. He wanted to buy it but for one reason or another decided not to and buy something else. He just brought it up in conversation today and then I saw this thread.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Hah, different Simon Le Bon... :)

Used to be on his white 997.2 convertible when I worked with him.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information