1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Site Becoming Unusable

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by bradders, Jun 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. It took me 5 attempts to log in this morning, the page kept locking so you’re unable to scroll and that Audi banner ad kept jumping out so I kept clicking that instead

(For example)

0443F9D6-45F9-4073-8487-A355FF02CD2B.png

• Useful Useful x 1
  2. quick question, are the complaints just from those trying to access the site via their mobile or conventional laptop/computer/tablet?

3. Im a newish subscriber having found this site after using the US flavoured one (which is a bit......dry). I recently subscribed, not to get rid of any ads (I did not notice them TBH - maybe my brain is programmed to ignore crap) but because I had already had well over £5 of enjoyment from the site. Its so varied and makes me smile, even laugh at times.
    I am on the Kawasaki site which is global and its very dull.
    Just my thoughts.
    Richard

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Love You Love You x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. It’s worse on mobile, works ok on my iPad but what made me raise this was that it was lagging on scrolling on my MacBook. It’s a good spec, with nothing else running, and Macs dont suffer like windows so are pretty responsive tbh.

5. Doesn't help but my windows 7 laptop using Chrome and old HTC 8 Android has no issues at all. I just tick "keep logged in" and I get no adds and straight in.

Maybe some OS /devices are worse than others.

I do find other sites, especially newspapers almost unusable due to dynamic adds.

• Like Like x 1
  6. This post was worth a fiver all on its own.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. But you subscribe :thinkingface: some would rather moan and keep their penny :bucktooth:

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. That must the the Yorkshire and Scottish sub forums I'm suspecting:D

9. Perhaps.

How do you feel about newcomers to the site having a terrible experience due to dynamic ads getting in the way and therefore not bothering to stay and subscribe?

Any thoughts? (Apart from your *usual* thoughts, I mean)

upload_2019-6-13_11-7-48.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. You’re a subscriber :rolleyes:

• Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
  11. Facebook is a pitta for ads are we all on there and how many times do you bung a fiver to the tyre guy or whoever
    There is a wealth of knowledge on here just see your fiver like you would the tyre guy

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  12. I view on mobile on my iPhone and

I’m on iPhone 6 and it’s ok on here I use the mobile version not desktop

13. Anyway newbies come here for the bins ;)

Sorry for thread hijack Bradders
    My phone wanted to change hijack to hijab this gets on my nerves :mad:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  14. sign of the times :D

15. Prince.

Oh, sorry, wrong thread.:oops:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Yes that would be an issue, but Hell T tells us the forum continues to grow :thinkingface: so is the balance ok, it’s difficult.
    ********edited

I am willing to start a funding scheme to collect the £5 just to get one more reason for someone to gripe taken away, if 500 of us would put in 1p each :thinkingface: in fact I’ll pay it all :innocent:

• Like Like x 1
  17. Like it or not though, you’re the big friendly face of the forum and you’re welcome to copy and paste it...

18. :)

How's that?

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. Hey, I’m the friendly one, leave my mate Ming alone :eek:

• Funny Funny x 4
  20. Genuine LOL :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information