1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 Skyhook Or Ohlins?

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Ducati Dave, Aug 7, 2017.

1. Exactly my point. 'trust me a rep told me' is not convincing above junior school level. Evidence like a spec comparison with reasoned argument is fine. Some others have tried to do that but I guess you like to be the forum smart guy. I understand and value the same argument from some of the others but .... zzzzzzz

#41 SteveE, Aug 28, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2017
  2. Good point, you are way too clever for me..........:rolleyes:

3. Maybe some have missed the whole point. Its not advertised as a sports bike. Its an adventure bike. What is it they say 4 bikes in one. I ride mine on some roads a sports bike would have to stop & puke up. But in sports mode there not bad. Not a 1000rr but it ain,t meant to be.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Couldn't agree more. The thread is really about 'can normal suspension be as good as semi-active suspension.'

And for the road, imho as I've said, it cannot :upyeah:

#44 bradders, Aug 28, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2017
  5. Agree Agree Agree (got hickups) :upyeah::upyeah::upyeah:

6. With what with what with what (so have I ) ;)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. IMG_2088.JPG

• Funny Funny x 3
  8. Not sure what you disagree with @PK1 , you don't state anything after this ?? I'll happily clarify if you have a point of debate to raise :upyeah:;)

9. This was my point when I said the ohlins would be preferable to me. I no longer ride two up nor heavily laden as the single rider and let's be honest most multi's never see off road. For a single person with a relatively steady riding weight with hardly any variables then the ohlins set up for you makes more sense, unless you are a single rider gadget freak :D

If however you tour often heavily laden, often with pillion then the simple flicks of a switch would be advantageous so skyhook would seem to offer a more precise changeability. Buy whatever you want, it's your money

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. Only disagreed as it depends where you ride. If always smooth, Germanic roads or really bumpy Cotswolds ones, then you can certainly get a decent range, but if doing a mix of both it's still a larger compromise than if you have skyhook that changes the range for each surface in milliseconds :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Added, but the trade off is no blingy kit ;) and electronics and sensors which can (and do!) fail. On ohlins, it's just fork seals every 2k miles....

12. Added, but the trade off is no blingy kit ;) and electronics and sensors which can (and do!) fail. On ohlins, it's just fork seals every 2k miles....

13. Ok guys. Will ring Ducati Italy tomorrow & speak to R&D guys & explain the downfalls of the useless Skyhook suspension. Obviously there going to want to know why. Simple answer. 2 or 3 people on the Ducati uk forum know better than you do. If you want a sports bike, buy one. Otherwise leave the best bike on the planet alone.

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. So, are you for or against skyhook? Tough to tell....;)

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. While you're at it, ask them to use test riders who a) have a foot size larger than 38 and b) know how to ride with the balls of their feet on the foot pegs. Oh, never mind, I'll do it myself - I'm at the factory Thursday ;-)

16. If the foot thing is regard to the centre stand hitting your heel, just cut it off and re-weld it shorter. Simples :upyeah:

17. Been there, done that. And heel fouling Termi heat shield, and poor default foot control spacing. All indicative of test riders adopting the 'sack-o-spuds' riding position...

18. Using that logic. Why would anyone buy an adventure bike whose only adventure is tarmac ?

Seems a bit extreme cutting a bit of your foot off

19. Not really, shows a bit of commitment to the brand IMHO :upyeah::p

20. Don't ever buy a bike where your plums don't fit right on the seat wayne

Do Not Sell My Personal Information