1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

916 Slave Cylinder

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by Phil Holdsworth, Dec 10, 2017.

1. Hi
    I am changing the slave on my 916 Senna and would like to ask why mine wont come off despite undoing the 3 Allen bolts?

2. pushrod must be either corroded or jammed somehow in bore of slave. You could try soaking with a penetrating oil and rocking/twisting it slightly. I think with patience and perseverance it will come off as it isn't steel on steel - if hydraulics are still connected you could try pulling clutch lever in while watching for movement at cylinder - make sure you stop pulling on lever as soon as cylinder starts to detach. If this doesn't work either then try wriggling cylinder and pulling on clutch lever.

#2 Chris, Dec 10, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2017
  3. Thanks Chris. Reason for changing mine is a slow weep of fluid has brought the paint off the clutch casing grrrr....

4. It's usually the first seal that fails/partially fails Phil and particularly if bike has been sitting. Despite the std rubber gaiter fitted from new the slave and pushrod still get plastered in wet and muck and it takes it's toll.

5. It has been stood to be fair, only has 10k on it so that must be why the seal has gone.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information