1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Slave Cylinder

Discussion in 'Sport Classic' started by idrinkbeer, Sep 19, 2019.

1. Im finding as im not riding my bike much that im not bike fit, my hand is cramping due to clutch weight so i think an oberon slave might help, who is good to buy from and are they all the same?????

2. Its ok iv ordered one from oberon. But, is it possible to run with one or two springs removed. Iv a sc100s running a dry conversion using the 848 dp dry slipper clutch conversion.

3. Try one of these?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/3032191073...5BHlNoNkRbDbn4NktGMlZ5nUhIXUzAxsaAiCiEALw_wcB

When I broke my thumb I carried a squash ball around to squeeze to get it back moving after surgery. That could help too.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. Oberon slave fitted and it really makes a noticeable difference to the force required to operate clutch.

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. Run out on bike today and no problems, neutral selected without incident, the new slave has a slot in it where the push rod fits, is it worth drilling push rod and fitting a pin to stop the rod spinning in the slave?

6. I think the new style drilled pushrod with the pin is around £35 (assuming it is part # 11721122A which replaced the original one 11720061A)

7. And its exactly the same only drilled and pinned?

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. I wonder if tbis might help prevent the blackening of the clutch fluid?

9. Nope. Fluid goes black just the same as it ever did. (1299 with anti-rotation stuff fitted as standard)

10. Oh well not much point doing that then .

Do Not Sell My Personal Information