1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 S Slip On Exhaust Compatability

Discussion in 'Monster' started by Davkyt, Jan 11, 2018.

1. https://postimages.org

2. https://postimages.org

• Like Like x 1
  3. I've not measured them, so I can't confirm. All I can say is that the Arrow link pipe is at or just under 60mm at the exit, and the can I bought from China is advertised as being 60mm diameter, and fits the Arrow link pipe almost perfectly.

And it sounds really fruity!!!

4. Not the greatest pics - as it seems to be permanently dark and raining in the UK at the moment it's the best I can do (the rest of the time I'm at work, or so it seems!).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  5. Did the tensioner spring lugs line up ok or did you have to modify anything?

6. The can comes with two loops already welded on, but the link pipe only has one loop, so I had another one welded on. The can comes with two springs and two spare loops, ready to be welded to the link pipe, plus the hanger strap.

It would be fine with just one though, as the hanger strap holds it securely. As it’s a circular can alignment with the loops isn’t an issue, as you can just rotate it round.

Also, once mounted it’s no longer anywhere near my heel. And the fuelling is better than with the stock can. I think my bike is running rich anyway, but it pops far less on the overrun now.

As a side note, the Arrow link pipe comes with a bracket which bolts into the standard can mounting hole, and extends rearward. The new can hanger mounts into this, and lines up perfectly.

Total cost was £160; £80 for the link pipe and the same for the can. Plus a few washers and screws to mount everything up. Even if the sound deadening burns out in two weeks and I have to repack it I’m well happy with the set up. I love how it looks and sounds (although earplugs are needed!).

#26 MotoNik, Jan 27, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2018
Do Not Sell My Personal Information