1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

(small) Bike Things You've Done Today

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Cream_Revenge, Nov 15, 2018.

1. Washed the bike after yesterdays inaugural ride. Degreased the shit lube off the chain, and put some decent stuff on. Removed the locking satnav mount from the SF, as it was obscuring the clocks. Had a tidy up in the garage.

2. Put the original discs off the 749R on the M1100S as they were warped.
    I love having bikes where loads of things are interchangeable!

• Like Like x 2
  3. Just collected the bikes that got back from Spain this evening. Andy

4. Kind of bike related…garage now painted (5 coats needed!) and started moving it around so I can see how it will be in new layout. Then got bored. Nothing on tv so started fitting flooring…
    DDC2D452-493E-4A8D-A680-F37B7101DE3C.jpeg

• Like Like x 10
  5. Evotech cooler and rad guards fitted (dead easy and look great). Engine guard for another day, as incorrect instructions on website, now sorted - thought I was confused, but they were for another bike. Added the OEM rear luggage rack, which is dual branded Touratech. Absolutely perfect for a small day bag and better for a (say 30L) travel bag, sitting a little further back and better lashing points than the pillion grab rails I've used previously.

Deep clean, including all the nooks and crannies under the seat etc, then ceramic coated the whole bike.

Ordered an Akrapovic end can. Not a fan of the shotgun style, but the aluminium guard is tatty and that was circa £300 on its own, so a carbon replacement is included with the Akra. Termi is on backorder with no expected date, so forced my hand.

#2705 Burnsey, May 16, 2022
    Last edited: May 16, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Fitted a Zumlock for my XT to the Monkey. Changed the silver wheel weights on the SFV2 to black, as they were doing my OCD no favours. Why on earth do Ducati fit silver wheel weights to black wheels???

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. I've got silver front and black rear :D

I too am OCD inflicted, but just not had time, so the fronts got a bit of marker touch up for now.

8. I found a strip of six 5 gram weights in the drawer, the bike had four on the back and two on the front, so it was fate!

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. To be fair, the front was changed on a trip, the rear during a Ducati service, so the lads did use black. The Welsh used silver just to annoy me :D

Have to say, from being a bit disappointed with a few lacking elements and some bad luck after collecting the bike, the fresh service, bits fixed/resolved and a few parts added, I'm happy now to run it until the Pikes Peak lands. Plus, someone will end up with a really nice 950S.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Had the scrambler picked up for its first service. Also now waiting for the dyno people to book it in for doing the ECU/upmap when I’m back from my holiday.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Fitted a “No more straps” transport thingy in the box trailer

5C0E5C64-8FE9-4307-98BE-A1A6F6A6EA44.jpeg 8E9EF81C-7E2B-4247-B3EF-2882ACDBBC32.jpeg C7212C22-F721-452A-AA31-EFB9ACB1490F.jpeg 1094F4A0-926E-4379-86EE-EDC0290A074A.jpeg

• Like Like x 11
  12. OMG: Thankfully my 'personal foibles' don't extend to this! Serious stuff.......:astonished:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. :astonished:;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Took this after a full machine polish and ceramic coating. Never noticed how much it looks like an angry eagle...
    Unknown 17.12.36.jpeg

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Arranged to have the scrambler ecu flashed and sorted by the dyno company when I get back from my holiday.

Think I’ll go to Matlock Bath tomorrow on the Bayliss. Should be there around midday if anyone is around :)

16. On a work day!!
    Good heavens.

Have fun.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. Took this at a bird sanctuary three years ago, use it as the home screen on my mobile. Reminds me of my 1260

417A4744.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  18. Spent a few hours yesterday evening changing tyres, cleaning brakes and sorting a few minor things on the Multistrada before my trip to France next week. Finally managed to unblock the stupidly small drain hole in the swingarm for the lower shock mount well, used a bent jumbo paper clip. Will, no doubt, be blocked again in a few weeks.

20220517_170508.jpg
    My apprentice tyre fitter wasn't much use...

Michelin Road5s again. Considered the Road6s but the price difference didn't really make up for the claimed 10% longer life, the 5s are still a pretty amazing tyre.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Dropped the Panigale off for a service. Just in time for the nice weather and a week off work

20. Would be keen to know the details of your tyre changing kit? Would you recommend/buy again?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information