1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

(small) Bike Things You've Done Today

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Cream_Revenge, Nov 15, 2018.

1. Spent an hour removing the Garmin Zumo 395 power loom I so lovingly installed in the Multistrada last week. The shiny new Zumo XT uses an entirely different power loom and mounting plug. I look forward to installing that tomorrow. Andy

2. I think i've seen this nice looking triumph before now in Oxted.
    20220704_105431[1].jpg Also received some disappointing news from my local dealer as they burn't a hole in my oil expansion return hose some months ago, but denied it was them, this part is no longer available so another headache for me to find a replacement part..:mad:

3. Just submitted a bike advert to Car and Classic.Priced it to sell and hoping that not too many time wasters appear.
    Not a Ducati but my lovely old Manx Triton.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Just got my red 749R MOT'd.
    Had a panic as I clicked it into gear in my drive as it cut out. Quick wiggle on the side stand switch and all fine.

• Like Like x 3
  5. I was passing Worcester Ducati so I stopped and had a quick mooch, the Panigale V4 is much nicer in the metal than it looks in pictures

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Bought more tyres this afternoon. Scramboli front tyre was picked up on the MoT at 2mm. No Metzelers in the UK so Pirelli Angel GT's it is. Also ordered a new chain and sprocket set for my Multistrada. Chain has already done 14,000 + miles and I've got probably another 4,000 miles in Europe later in the year so decided not to chance it. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  7. Swapped my Zumo from an Evotech bar mount to an OEM high mount.

Very fiddly and exaggerated because of the screen adjustment, but managed to hide all cables.

Now just to see if the unit wobbles when I get out tomorrow.

There is no doubt the high mount is better placed for a potentially safer view, but if you use the nav, like I do, for a background reference rather than an essential piece of kit, the handlebar position is fine. But, it's no use with a tank bag.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Bought a ticket for WSBK on 17th at Donny.
    Got the rear slick flipped on my track bike. My chap did it gratis for me (loose wheel obvs) which was a nice little bonus.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Trust me, it will. Though not too much and you'll get used to it.

• Like Like x 1
  10. I guess anything attached there has to, but as I try to use maps and written turn points (makes a journey more fun for me), it is not used all the time, so I don't want it to annoy me all the time :D

I'll let you know tomorrow - wife has kidnapped me today...

11. Fitted an intercom to my new lid. Will be out tomorrow to make sure all works as it should, as well as trying my vented gear ahead of the Italy trip in 268 hours time.

#3071 Multirider75, Jul 8, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  12. The weather was a little sticky today for motorcycling, but the bikes are being neglected this year for some odd reason, so only the third rideout on the 998r for 2022, a peach of a bike.

13. I'm surprised those dirty, smelly, noisy bikes are allowed in Oxted;). Was just on the phone to my cousin there...

14. Feel free to drop the keys around anytime you like if you want some miles adding to it

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. I picked up a great heatshrink selection box from the good-old Lidl middle aisle a few months ago. Might be worth a look...

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  16. Bloody hell that’s a right mess, looks like the same person that did the wiring on mine!

17. It's not what it was twenty / thirty odd years ago, like everything these days, going downhill fast in my opinion.

18. It's the new-fangled train line straight to that London wot did it...

19. Handy for Brands tho' - I used to stay over when I was having trackday fun 20-odd yrs ago...

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Yeah you could be right, London spreading it's wings leaking with all sorts etc.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information