1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

(small) Bike Things You've Done Today

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Cream_Revenge, Nov 15, 2018.

1. I've a confession to make i think i started using earplugs fulltime back in 2014 when i purchased the 916, so maybe a lot of damage has been done already to mine.

2. The Diavel has been siting for a bit, took it for a spin and the left fork seal took a sh***
    Off to the dealer on Friday.

3. He moans because nobody nods but then says that because of that he doesn't nod half the time either. Negative feedback loop? I find that most people nod back except Harley or GS riders.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Went for a ride on the Scrambler .

IMG_20210415_1134071_rewind_kindlephoto-23761732.jpg

IMG_20210415_1134351_rewind.jpg

IMG_20210415_1133289_rewind.jpg

IMG_20210415_1323149_rewind.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  5. Replaced the worn thin, Brembo SC, front brake pads on the Multistrada with their ‘new’ SR pads. I say ‘new’ although I suspect just rebranded :D Andy

6. Had the scrambler mot’d for the first time :)

7. No chance to try these tyres yesterday as it did not reach double figure degrees all day. Next time hopefully.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Changed the brake fluid on my Monster.

9. Washed my track bike and my S4R.

Also washed the 911 and the shed on wheels, which was a mammoth and exhausting task.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Put the fairings on (well it is a “small bike”) finished now, just in time for the weather so I can get out on the big bike, need to shop for another one of these for the autumn, maybe the 888? 55415C71-7653-4F4A-A011-875A4DC3516D.jpeg

• Like Like x 11
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Pumped up the front tyre.

Busy day!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. I was looking at that pic for a while trying to work out what was odd about the bike before I realised.....:rolleyes::laughing:

• Funny Funny x 6
  13. Went to a Lowestoft Halfords on Panzer (GS) for a friend. To collect a SRAM BB for his cycle. Only place in E. Anglia that had one. Jump back on bike outside store; click.,,,nothing. Dead battery. Off I trot back into Halfords to borrow a jump pack. Ride to Norwich BMW & get spanked £160 for a new battery which must be nudging 6kg :eek:
    Annoying thing is I have a jump pack sitting on bench that usually goes in top box. Had it on charge so forgot to put it in.

• Like Like x 1
    • WTF WTF x 1
  14. How much??!!:astonished:

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. finally swapped the indicator mirror out on the Ugly, took much longer than it should have, searching for solder and heatshrink plus straightening and massaging the std Italian/Japanese "bullet" connectors to work properly.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Do you always carry the jump pack because you expect it the battery to fail?

17. Had same type of issue last summer at a posh farm deli in Cotswold’s. John Torrode was starring at me as I tried bumping the Panzer on the gravel car park. No joy; left it 10 mins and it started. Typical. So from then on carried a small jump pack.
    Odd thing is Bike has just spent 3 weeks at BMW while rear shock was oooop north being serviced. Wasn’t on trickle charge then. Started fine.

18. Will take the Pani to Sheringham tomorrow for an ice cream.
    That should go swimmingly :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Why didn’t you get a battery whilst you were at Halfords ? Andy

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information