1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

(small) Bike Things You've Done Today

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Cream_Revenge, Nov 15, 2018.

1. Just paid my import costs for a £150 item from Germany, a breakdown of the cost below image.jpg

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • WTF WTF x 1
  2. It just keeps on giving :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Retrieved Bob the 900ss bobber from the place where I’d had some electrical work done after accidentally snapped a load of wires while I was relocating the loom, coils, flasher unit, fuse box etc.

AEF56C50-6AEF-4DFD-8F5E-1432002061DA.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  4. I had a delivery from Italy today via UPS. £100 part. No additional charge at all but in the package the supplier has put a raft of paperwork including photocopies of his passport and EHIC card. Not got a clue why.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Perhaps he fancies you.;)

6. What do you mean

Perhaps?

• Funny Funny x 3
  7. I like done deals, well done you.:dizzy:

8. Doh, that must hurt especially as my rear Serie Oro disc and pads arrived from Italy with no further charges.

Moral of the story is keep it below £135 including postage and you’ll be fine. Over that will be painful.

So I promptly ordered two sets of Brembo front pads from Italy… £60 inc post. I say promptly because next week they’ll be sulking about loosing the footy, I hope.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. The Serie Oro disc did seem to weigh a lot though. I’ll have to put it on the scales and compare it to the standard disc.

No wonder the MotoGP bikes use carbon brake discs.

10. Hope you’re ok.

11. The threshold is £135, I was hoping the tax would be the difference between the threshold and that which I paid. It would seem that it’s not the case and you pay duty on all of the amount.

Still the cheapest set of rear sets for my KTM though.

#1211 DucatiScud, Jul 10, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2021
    • Useful Useful x 1
  12. Yes, I was aware of the threshold, was hoping I’d only be taxed on the difference between £135 and £150. Still worked out cheaper than any other rear sets on the market.

13. Well that’s ok then isn’t it.

That kind of price does sound cheap for rear sets.

14. Got the 1098R all ready for a spin having changed the alternator case.
    All togged up, sun out, start bike, select 1st…dies. Bugger.
    Detog, fairing off, sidestand switch check..was a bit mislocated so put it back proper and now works.
    Back on with kit and off I go.
    1 mile later…temp gauge at 107deg. Bugger, mustn’t have burped the system enough.
    Back home.
    Started raining.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  15. He wanted to pop over for a holiday and was hoping you would be up for a little action?

16. Re-burped.
    Quick spin around the block, 70degC.
    Sorted.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. love a good burping, once you get the knack it's easy but has also taken me two goes before now.

18. This

206B2104-1315-4B05-BE0A-364D3C0B419A.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Fitted rear sets to my KTM 790 what a PITA, fasteners made of cheese. :mad::mad::mad:

At least I know that’s an extra 20 bhp added and fatter mid range torque.

• Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information