1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

(small) Bike Things You've Done Today

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Cream_Revenge, Nov 15, 2018.

1. Maxton suspension is where Ducati Mcr sub-contract to
    The Company was founded by Ron Williams in 1971, at that time working on his own, manufacturing frames for Yamaha engines to race at the Isle of Man T.T.
    After a successful period in which he designed and made his own magnesium wheels, worked for HRC and Norton designing frames and travelled around the world with the HRC Grand Prix team, Ron turned his attention solely to running his own business and using his knowledge and experience to design suspension for racing

Qualified suspension experts by all accounts

Second time lucky perhaps?

2. Yes, not knocking them, and it’s a rare thing when someone volunteers information like that, almost unheard of.

3. For obvious reasons I’ve got to know the mechanics and staff quite well in recent months!!
    :)

4. I’m off to meet some Ducatisti chums for a coffee in a bit, but I’m going in the car as I’ve not got the Scrambler back yet and the V2 is getting p/x’d on Wednesday and I don’t fancy cleaning it before then :)

5. Plus it’s raining!

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. He rebuilt my rear shock from my Paso back in the day, suitcase sized mobile phones. His workshop was an old church/chapel affair out in the sticks. Now I’m lead to believe his turnover has expanded considerably as have his premises.

7. Pulled the SuperSport out of the dining room and got it into the garage for a dusting down and found all the OE parts for viewing by a potential buyer. Fired up the R6 for its regular 20 minute run so the carbs don't get clagged up like the last time it got left for 6 months and put it in the hallway. If the SS goes, the R6 can go back in the garage ..... that is until the Multistrada project comes home, then it'll be musical bikes again. Hopefully can reduce the collection to 7 over the coming months, 4 in the garage and 3 in the dining room :joy: Andy

• Like Like x 1
  8. Andy, three bikes in the dining room.......You surely must have the love of a very good woman who completely appreciates and understands your love of machinery.:heart::heart: There isn't a hope in hell that I'd get anything with 2-wheels, 3-wheels, 4-wheels, or indeed any wheels, in our dining room, other than a pushchair for our little grand daughter; 3 months old today, sharing the very same birthday as the old fart posting this! Poor child :sob:

• Like Like x 3
  9. Happy birthday mate. 4 of them are her's and she lives in her own house :joy: Andy

• Like Like x 2
  10. Best of both worlds!

11. Popped into the paint shop to drop some Agip decals to go under the lacquer while they are re-doing my 900ss fairing. Week before last we agreed 1st march for collection. Today he said "you can take them home this week..."

• Like Like x 6
  12. I've booked the 996 in for both the fork seals to be done ready for mot next month

• Like Like x 1
  13. ........and the first thing that pops into my tiny head's ....i paid too much.;), pictures when completed please.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Finalised all the to-ing and fro-ing of various bikes to come to/go from me over the next few days :)

Getting a tad giddy now :)

• Like Like x 1
  15. Get yourself down to your local fishmongers and he can slap you around the face with a haddock, that'll take your mind of things.;)

• Like Like x 1
  16. I'm popping them some cash in later so might get some in-progress photos today...

• Like Like x 2
  17. Yes please that would be nice, i'm still undecided who's gonna paint mine.

18. No photos as I'm picking it up tomorrow !
    But this evening I made a mockup exhaust bracket for the high level cans I have. One of my mates can make me the "real thing" from this
    The annoying thing is.. I made this one, then put the left hand side can on and it doesn't sit as high (by about 1/2") so now I have to remake this side again to match the other side... exhaust bracket.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  19. Even better!, practice makes perfect.

20. Rebuilt a tired, big bore, rear axle eccentric hub. Long saga short, my local bearing stockist honoured his quote despite SKF subsequently refusing to supply him with “a motor trade bearing” so the two bearings and the oil seal cost under £100. Bargain ! Plenty of heat from a hot air gun on the hub and bearings that had been in the unheated garage overnight and everything just dropped into place, easy peasy. Andy

Do Not Sell My Personal Information