1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Smart Hud For Every Helmet.

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by Francis, Jul 31, 2019.

?
  1. Yes, it would improve my riding a lot.

13.3%
  2. No, I think it's unnecessary and a distraction.

60.0%
  3. I like it but I find it too expensive at retail price.

20.0%
  4. I like it and I would buy it with Indiegogo's discount.

13.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Glad to be of service! :D

2. You must give us a full review of this once you get use to using it.

3. Yeah I sure will, even if it's just a written review. However I'll add at least one video of me riding in the mountains and probably a video with my phone showing the driver's point of view for the HUD, standing still obviously. :p

Just a heads up, my S4 is loud AF. :D

• Like Like x 1
  4. Just got this email,..15th update..

Good day to all our Argon Transform supporters! We have received high email traffic from many of you regarding the product. Since we have been tied with the manufacturing and assembly of the product, we have been slightly slower with the replies. But fret not, the project is still live and ongoing.

As mentioned to many of you, we did expect quite a few roadblocks even up till now due to supplier and manufacturing delays with lockdowns coming on and off from various governments around the world. It has been a really frustrating time even with getting our rechargeable batteries across the other borders to Singapore. Our suppliers can only give us an estimated delivery date and when they stall, it hinders our progress as well. Our product utilises almost a thousand different components or more, so the scale of delays have been exponential. That's the honest truth that we owe so much to our customers.

Currently, we are almost at 60% there for the assembly process (again delayed by China's week long national holiday). After which we may begin our quality assurance and testing. We know that riding season is over for some of you and we are deeply sorry for the inconveniences caused as such. Its been a 3 year wait for the team and we are eager to get the products to our distributors as well. Time is money, we hope to be able to get back on track with delivering.

Thanks for waiting out this pandemic with us!

Sincerely,

The Argon Team

5. So, currently on offer at the discounted price of $599 (not obvious from their (crap) website which dollar) with no actual product assembled (in Singapore from components manufactured in China), no quality control plan developed (their own statement from their (crap) website) and no timeframe for delivery after 3 years since the initial start up ? Andy

6. posted by Argon Transform Nov 15, 2020
    Poll: Multiple buttons

Vote "thumbs up" if you would find having the option of multiple handlebar controllers useful if you own multiple bikes?

P.S: polls would enable us to push forth with future updates and webstore availability of parts

7. This sounds very much like the Skully project (both iterations) where I foolishly invested my money in a helmet I never received. Lesson learnt. Will only take any interest in a tangible off the shelf realised product, that actually exists from now on. To be honest BMW's system far outweighs this, if they ever decide to licence it for others use beside their own machines.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Got to love that cheesy German Rock music - und yar!

9. I've had the kickstarter & indiegogo projects I've backed. But they are extremely expensive & always like I just posted. Keep adding features to drum up more shekels. Which I state amusingly as the latest 44-teeth video was pulled because the zionists compained was used in a degrogatory manner but actual used to depict people seeking monetary gain. Who'd get those two confused by a simple term of fiscal value?

These greedy theives in ussa do magically creative videos & images. But never deliver on the bulk of them conceived & posted for funding. It's a real shame because the concept of backing/helping bring into fruition some innovation concept is worthy. But loads of scammers & con-artists feed off of gullible people because they could do things anonymously. However I believe the rules have been tied to disclosing the creators identity too combat fraud.

10. Rev counter and gear indicator would be handy on track.

11. I test drove a car with a HUD, I kept looking at the HUD and not the road, found it distracting. Besides, as above, car manufacturers fitted large clocks in the dashboard. I honestly think people who have these HUDs have them to talk about down the pub.

12. I dont want or need a HUD for anything I drive.
    Yeah the Cadillac system that uses infrared to show a deer down the road is nice. Especially around here.
    BUT
    Upgraded lights do a pretty good job. and as far as speed? Revs? etc. Who cares. That is by feel more than anything, right?
    Nearly the only time I look at my gauges are
    A) afraid I will get a ticket. Which means I already know I am speeding. I can easily tell I am speeding because my bike is moving. So I do not need it there.
    B) When I wonder about how much fuel I have left. That only takes a quick glance. If I am skilled enough to check my mirrors without crashing I think I can handle the rest.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information