1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Snap On Or Halfords

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by TT600, Jan 21, 2019.

1. Saw a silver one in Homebase £500 with a plank top

• Like Like x 1
  2. Had a Costco one a few years back all stainless. Think it was £450ish. But disappeared in divorce. Now use an orange box.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. This is my Mac cab'. Cost a fortune but couldn't resist :)
    That was from SGS at Derby. That's nice stuff.

4. It's fallen over :eek:

No, the one under your workbench that you took the wheels off :eyes:

5. I got there LOL

6. Life goals.
    6B46D55D-D125-49AB-B824-45F6D1B53CD0.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Most of my stuff is snap-on but they were all bought when I was an apprentice and didn’t have much else to spend my money on and could get pissed on 4 cans of lager.
    I can still get pissed on 4 cans of lager but now I don’t really need industrial grade tooling for the garage at home and for working on bikes where the torque setting are relatively small I think Halfords too

8. Deffo Halfords - the Torque Wrenches are top notch and have won Classic Car Mag tests against cheaper and much more expensive ones. (unless you like to wear Calvin Klein jeans and drive VW T6's for the badge 'credibility' :eyes:)

• Like Like x 1
  9. You have to ask "What's he compensating for?" o_O

Tis nice though, even better in lime green. :) :upyeah:

10. The Strap-on man is thinking "thats my bonus sorted, book that holiday to the carribean again.."

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. The post-op cheeky girls have let themselves go!

12. i have a career's worth of tools in one roller cab, top box and a lil side box. there's nothing more i need to do my job.
    i recon with a wee stool and a backbrace you could reach the top, i can look down into the box. the same way i look down on you. :upyeah:

#55 finm, Jan 22, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2019
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Proxxon tools.

• Like Like x 1
  14. I was in same situation mac tools or snap on........... so i got both 1 for work and 1 for home

You cant beat snap on

FB_IMG_1536573154465.jpg

#57 james griffin, Jan 22, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2019
  15. Halfords pro have a lifetime guarantee here in Ireland not sure if its the same in the UK ? Never broke a single thing and there on there 3rd bike rebuild great quality if you don't mind the budget branding .

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. Same in UK - have broke knuckle on breaker bar and rounded off part of the end on an Allen key - breaker bar repaired (replacement knuckle only) and Allen key replaced - both times:- no questions, no hassle, no receipts needed, and the Allen key doesn’t even have Advanced stamped on it anywhere.

In conclusion - like nelly said about snap-on: awesome service but not much use when break is in the middle of a job. Still can’t justify price of snap-on for my usage levels.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Timing lights, torches, mirrors on sticks etc.....

Do Not Sell My Personal Information