1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Classic So .... I Really Fancy A Scrambler

Discussion in 'Scrambler' started by Coffey, Dec 31, 2017.

1. Hi all

I know nothing about the Scrambler, there seems to be lots of models (I had to select a prefix for the title, but I have no idea which one) however I have come to the conclusion they look cool. I have an 848 Evo and the Missus hates it on the back (good excuse to remove pillion seat/pegs ;))
    although I’m thinking a nice steady Sunday ride on a Scrambler would be nice and comfy for the 2 of us? ..... obviously as a second bike ..... discuss ..... thanks!

Adam.

2. Hi

I know some people use the scrambler 2 up - but I personally do not think there is enough room... nor would it be comfortable 2 up for any length of time... in standard format - its uncomfortable 1 up..

I have a Scrambler Icon - 2015 - was base model - and changed rear shock, fitted new fork cartridges and springs and fitted a Sargent Seat - because even the Ducati Comfi seat is not too comfy.

The new 1100 model seems bigger than the 800 - but someone needs to confirm that - so that may be more suited to 2 up riding.

But my guess is a Multistrada is the best for 2 up.

I have the Multi and Scrambler - both great bikes but different...

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Great, thanks for the reply, I guess a proper test ride is a must and give it a go. I don’t like the MS o_O (sorry) ... I just really like the look of the scramblers. Just fancy something away from the ‘fast sports bike’ feel and into nice and steady pootle around. We will never be touring/going far, just a whizz up the coast for a bag of chips/ice cream kinda run! :upyeah:

4. Never tried one but saw that black cafe racer one in showroom, it looked stunning.. just stay away from the nobbly tyres, nightmare on road

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. I really really liked the look of the cafe racer also, only solo though ... :tired_face:

agreed re the tyres!

• Like Like x 1
    • Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  6. I've had a 2015 full throttle and now a cafe racer and DVT multi for 2up duties, had the missus on the scrambler a couple of times and she hates it (compared to multi) knees around ears and no room! I love my scrambler for a Sunday morning run out to the cafe, 60 mph feels like 150, they're basic and fairly easy to work on if the need arises, note the cafe racer is a completely different beast with road focused rubber and 17" wheel up front, make sure you test ride before you buy

• Like Like x 1
  7. @Coffey - I love my Classic Scrambler. However it will be sold or Px'd in the new year.....................for another Scrambler.

PM me if you're interested :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. The OE tyres on the Scrambler wear fast but are bloody brilliant on the road.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. Hmmm they have my 848 in at the moment, any excuse to pop in and ‘see how they are getting on’ ... o_O:joy:

10. I’m in that camp too, they just need a better coffee machine...

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Oh and if you buy it then let Phil know I told you to! ;p

• Like Like x 1
  12. Ahem.......stop derailing @Coffey buying my Classic ;)

• Funny Funny x 3
  13. You can’t sell it... Efil4relbmarcs, innit.

14. ?

15. If you’ve not tried one, @Shutty then how do you know? Other than them being shot by 2500 miles, they’re a great tyre in wet or dry. Curious as to why you disagree, especially without having ridden one?

16. Sorry, N.W.A. moment...

Do Not Sell My Personal Information