1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So If A Covid Vaccine Were Released Tomorrow..

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by duke63, Oct 21, 2020.

?
  1. Straight away

28 vote(s)
    31.5%
  2. Give it at least six months

35 vote(s)
    39.3%
  3. Never

28 vote(s)
    31.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. To be fair, alleged educated people are in government.. and look how that's ended up.

I believe this is a particular problem in western society in which we measure intellect by education. Simply isn't the case.

Most Uni grads I meet these days seem to have the upstairs minerals of Dianne Abbott on a bad day

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. The other way round then, stop people voting that are well educated, or have spent most of their lives in education.

Perhaps only allow people to vote that have 'real world' experience ?

3. Nazi Germany.

4. how sweet to be an idiot ...........

5. DF5D9304-F3CB-425C-9882-71B4C524669D.jpeg

o_O

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. Just been looking at all Pfizer’s lawsuits they’ve had against them off people who have been affected with other drugs they manufacture , on one drug alone they settled cases adding up to a £1 billion

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. As usual Mogg spews lies and bollocks.

The UK remains under the remit of the EMA until the end of the Brexit transition period on 1 January, and EU laws allow other member states to approve medicines for emergency use without EMA authorisation.
    Dr June Raine, chief executive of the MHRA, said “We’ve been able to authorise supply of this vaccine under provisions under European law which exist until 1 January.”

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. I suppose there's no way the UK approving the vaccine first could be seen as a good thing in any way.

9. Either that, or wait for the EU to sit and decide approval at the end of December, so yes a good thing.

• Like Like x 1
  10. its a good thing. why the need to spin it is anyone's guess.

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 3
  11. met someone yesterday whose Grandfather had had a jab - brought it home to me that it' actually happening. :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  12. My mum had her first jab yesterday.
    Hopefully this is finally a way out of having our lives back.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. My mum has her first jab next week.

Just wondered what your mums approach to the vaccine was, my mum isn’t concerned for herself, her attitude is ‘if I have the jab it’s a step towards everyone getting back to normal’. She sees it as doing what’s best for everyone.

A generational thing maybe, younger generations question the vaccine, mums generation do what they think is best for the country.
    (My mum is 80 something, not sure exactly as every year for a long time she’s told me she’s 36 next birthday. I guess she liked being 36).

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. I think the older gen have an ingrained Welfare State mentality.

• Like Like x 1
  15. My mum's attitude is its what is best for her.

She can start to see family and friends again without fear.

She is 85 so there is no issue of long term problems from the vaccine in her case.

16. I think more likely the older generation have seen what happens when we don't have vaccines.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. I'd agree to a point, although my old mum hasn't seen smallpox, or many of the other eradicated diseases. The older generation in my own family also have a 'what have I got to lose at my age attitude'.

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. My mother is 84 and remembers Polio striking when she was at school in the forties, I remember mumps, measles and rubella ("German Measles") having regular outbreaks in the sixties. All of which had been virtually eliminated by vaccination until the tin foil hatted conspiracy theorists started bleating their bollox

Do Not Sell My Personal Information