1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So...new To Me Track Bike

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by carson, Nov 8, 2020.

1. Bilstein? IIRC, they supply Porsche with suspendies

2. Managed to get out on this on Sunday at Cartagena for the first time and I can honestly say I love it. Just seemed to click with it.
    I’ve not been to Cartagena for almost 2 years now and I was getting to the brick wall stage with the 899 and not really improving anywhere. Best time there was 1:51 on the 899 and second session on the R1 I was doing 1:48. Thought there was something wrong with my timer!
    Finished the day with a PB of 1:46 so I’m well chuffed with that but even happier with how the bike felt and how much I enjoyed riding it.

42991177-BE68-4EE9-ABB4-D4CF5D89030D.jpeg DB069421-1901-4B73-94C5-49E2E06FBE76.jpeg

Bikes now on the dyno for some mapping work and I’ll pick it up in February just before our Almeria trip

ECC78D9C-DFD5-47B6-A787-77D0327F75DA.jpeg
    14DC5574-B788-4EAF-BCB6-CA4BA055FF86.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  3. Couple of videos if anyone’s interested. First one has a bit of a naughty overtake at the end which resulted in me running it into the gravel

• Like Like x 2
  4. A mate raced all sorts from 899 through zx10r and a ex-`brookes bsb kills-small-children gixer and immediately took several seconds of his PB’s everywhere on his R1. He also started crashing tho, probably because he just felt so suited the limit was far easier to find. They sound epic too!

• Like Like x 1
  5. yeah they do sound great. I remember being at Portimao in 2015 when it came out and the first time I heard one down the straight from the pit wall I was in awe. They just sound incredible

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. That was naughty he was always going to cut your nose off from there!

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. must resist a new r1 :confused:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Go for it mate, you only live once

• Like Like x 1
  9. Nice one mate

• Like Like x 1
  10. Seems to me the op was slowing down more akin to an in lap....and on the racing line still...

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  11. I had slowed down with the intention of coming in but I was still carrying sufficient pace to stay on the line. Is it not safer to stay at 80% and online rather than be much slower and use unpredictable lines?
    Regardless of pace there will always be someone quicker than me anyway even if I’m at 100% so a pass is a pass in any instance. If that pass had been done at 100% pace would it be deemed any safer a move?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information