1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So S1000rr Talk To Me...

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Lyndon, Mar 27, 2018.

1. Lol only thing I gotta bare in mind is getting on to the trackdays with seemingly lower DB’s allowed each year

• Agree Agree x 1

2. You could go on waiting for ever as everything gets superceded, and like you say that Gen 3 is a missile now with more electronics on it than you can shake a shitty stick at.

• Like Like x 1
  3. There is. According to my local motorrad dealer they reckon it’s going to be launched at Eicma towards the end of the year...

From the spy shots it looks a fair bit different and possibly a new motor by the looks as well

4. BMW adventures! They are probably the fastest and most illegal ones you can have!!
    fullsizeoutput_2d89.jpeg IMG_5249.JPG IMG_0012.JPG fullsizeoutput_6bdb.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  5. This bike is pretty much immaculate as I don’t use it much and have only done a couple Trackdays on it a few years back and the Ring trips. I’m not sure of the mileage but it’s probably about 6k km. I normally take the bikes to the Ring in the van but I did ride it back last year when the van broke down :)

6. My mates on his 3rd. Currently an HP4 Carbon. Its quick, but meh from me. Linear, dull yet rapid. He loves em though. Its is frigging fast.

7. I rode it and loved it, think out of all the sports bikes on the market it’s right up there, but I seem to have a tendency to want to try other things out there after a year lol

8. I do have an irrational hatred of all things with a BMW badge. To the point that I refuse to buy BMW News anymore (used to be called MCN). Thus I'll never be a fan.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Lol don’t start

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. And not quite as nice looking as the K5 :eek:o_O

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. Haha

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. I like the look of them but based multiple threads on this, would it be too wide of the mark to say it is a rocket ship but without a soul?

13. I hired one at Almeria when the 996 blew up, and thats exactly what I thought. Im not small by any imagination, but nothing came past me along the back straight, in fact a few guys came and asked what had been done to it as their tuned bikes couldnt touch it. Not sure how I could say anything with nigh on 200 bhp could be called bland but there you go.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. I'm also close to picking up a gen 3 myself, they're a proper do it all type superbike

15. To be honest I think they have more soul than other 4's, just a very well engineered one.

Things just work on them, and they've managed to get a nice exhaust burble in there with a reasonable amount of popping and banging using the quick shifter, and flames if you buy a dirt cheap decat :upyeah:

16. No soul and bland sounds more like zx10r!

17. Had a 2010 RR for the track. Full Akra set up with PC V, Ohlins. 198bhp at the wheel. It was completely mad. Mad. That 1km Almeria straight was sucked up in a blink of an eye. So I’d say it had “straight line” soul.

But I always wanted a Duc. So I sold the BM to buy an 1199 and although it was no where near as quick in a straight line, it was so much lighter, more precise and better around every bend - sweeping, chicanes, hairpins. So it had a lot more “curves soul” if that makes sense.

So I guess it’s a question of am I more Moto 3 or Drag Race - corner speed or straight line speed.

For now, happy with the 1199. Especially now it has a tuned engine!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Says it all ,had to tune the 1199 to be as good as the bmw. Wonder what the bmw would be like with top notch suspension??

Do Not Sell My Personal Information