1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So S1000rr Talk To Me...

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Lyndon, Mar 27, 2018.

1. Not sure the Pani is that much better in the twisties, the FastBikes lads were lapping Portimao almost 2 seconds quicker on the RR compared to the 1299....

2. I think different bikes suit different riding styles. They also used to rave about the RSV4RF but I was loads quicker on my Pani than the Aprillia. I have now doubt the BMW is a top bike and I have only had a 2 hour test ride to compare but I found the riding position a little strange and the suspension a little bouncy. I also thought it felt a little cheap compared to the Pani.

3. I honestly don’t think it really matters as the rider makes such a difference that you’re best just choosing based on what type of riding you prefer. If you like a lightweight ‘race’ bike then choose the Pani. If you like a stable missile then it’s the BMW.

Here’s a couple vids of me on the Pani against BMWs.

I’m on the Pani in front, we were very well matched but I started to make time through the chicanes and direction changes and eventually he makes a mistake

At Mugello you can really see how I have the wrong Gearing in the Pani as I’m topping out on the main straight but I continuously made up for it on the brakes which are much better on the Pani. The guy in front on the BMW is faster than me anyhow and giving me a handy tow but that said I think the wider power band of the BMW really shows here.

#43 Monners, Apr 3, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2018
    • Like Like x 6
  4. Awesome, looks like I’m going to do a deal on the BMW today but there’s a lovely 1199 with termi pipes staring at me lol I think for everything I want it to do the BMW ticks the boxes and I want to try and keep this bike for a reasonable period of time

• Like Like x 1
  5. As an entertaining comparison the Moto3 guys are doing the same lap times around Mugello with ~56bhp!

• Like Like x 3
    • WTF WTF x 1
  6. :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

7. Jesus Christ! That’s just ridiculous! Different gravy to us mere mortals. After looking at your two videos above you are from a different planet from me as well. Was that elbow down at imola?

#47 Southwest, Apr 3, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2018
  8. :upyeah: D7661AB7-E820-4598-861F-0E24413DBA7C.jpeg 67A67C52-5F63-4826-8475-056BC3F27C39.jpeg

A deal was done....
    Really rate it after only a couple hundred miles.
    Blistering quick like all have said, seems well planted but not really given it many corner beans as yet. Cadwell next Tuesday:upyeah:

• Like Like x 6
  9. Thanks for everyone’s input, really appreciated and even tho it’s not a ducati this forum is as ever friendly and helpful

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Looks very nice, you must be pleased. I see it has the cruise control, did they do a Sport and non Sport in the RR (they do in the R)?

• Like Like x 1
  11. Nice one mate. Look forward to the report after cadwell.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Yes believe so, performance pack comes with the extras and then some optional extras on top of that, I believe that’s a BMW thing but was looking for one with all the bits on so not exactly sure

13. Forgot to say earlier; make sure you have the 'slick chip' thing. It transforms the bike and brings it alive. I was so bored on the 600 mile run in that I went out and bought my Panigale R as I was going to sell it haha then once I got the chip fitted during the first service I didn't want to get rid!

14. Haha lots of elbow action last summer as Italy is so hot you feel like you are stuck to the tarmac.

15. Is that to access user and slick mode?

16. Yeah, it's the only way you can lower the wheelie control and other settings. Makes a really big difference as even on the lowest setting without the chip the front wheel is glued to the floor which is not always what you want as it takes away a lot of the bikes communication whilst riding imo.

• Like Like x 1
  17. image.jpg

• Love You Love You x 1
  18. Hopefully just a turn up on door job or ££££ for the experience lol

Do Not Sell My Personal Information