1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So what have you done today..?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by figaro, Mar 17, 2012.

1. I've been up north today on business. Then headed to #1 sons for the evening. Spent 2 hours playing hide and seek in the garden with my two grandsons (4&2), got covered in spiders, spiderwebs, and general crap climbing into the outdoor toy box when I was hiding. :confuse:

Helped put the kids to bed after we'd played a Ducati bike racing game on the iPad:)

Had a lovely meal then left to come home around 9.20pm. The Woodhead pass was littered with a variety of road works and police incidents :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Tom Hardy season started tonight on Film 4. Cool.

3. Got home from work last night at 5....had a load of wood delivered to do some decking. Was explicitly told "youd better have that decking done before you fuck off out for the day on Saturday..." (Italian day in Bristol) and after getting all the framework in by about 7pm I new I could get the lot done in a night but that was also compounded by my wife saying "if I finish the bottle of wine can you pick up daughter from her Judo class..." so right in the middle of it - I had to head out to the other side of town to pick up my daughter. Now, usually when I get there I help put all the mats away...the least I can do...but last night by the time I got there my back was aching so I kinda slid down the wall and said to one of the other mums "I'm gonna pass on the mats tonight as my back is aching and I'm in the middle of decking..." to which the reply was..."oohh itll keep you supple.." so waited for daughter to sort her self out and this mum was glaring at me so I ended up putting the mats away also. Got home, carried on putting boards down and finished at 10pm...clear for the weekend...although the weather forecast says its going to be raining..bummer...

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Hi, finished my winter rebuild in time for the warm weather!

Numerous changes, 25mm offsets, custom paint bodywork, traction control, quick shifter, linear rear link, etc, etc.

I've always been a fan of Chinese bodywork. At their worst I.e pressed moulding, they were still better than race fairings, but since they went to injection molding, they're as good or better than OEM. The paint's certainly better. I modified a 1199 Tricoloure paint job and Gomototrip.com did a perfect job. Wilson communicates in perfect English, sends update pics of how the work is going. I didn't need to drill a single hole. Perfect and alignment. Beautiful pearlescent white paint.Quick delivery. Very pleased indeed. $370! :)

image.jpeg IMG_1969.jpg IMG_2043.jpg IMG_1953.JPG IMG_2038.jpg IMG_9349.jpg
    IMG_1956.jpg IMG_1965.jpg IMG_1598.JPG

IMG_2033.jpg

• Like Like x 10
  5. Cracking. What is that in £'s? And delivery?

6. Good to see you doing as your told and know your place :D

7. Yep absolutely....I keep my mouth shut and get the bikes - she gets everything else...!

8. Good man I'm impressed :)

There should be more like you

9. the trade-off for getting another hyper was a holiday being booked to florida next year.....no idea how to pay for it but there we go...

10. Don't worry about it
    Something will turn up :D
    I'm sure you could be hired out for a few pounds

11. Or the kids - if they do as theyre fucking told....the only thing theyre currently good for is retrieving small items from around the house, remote controls etc etc...if you could employ someone to leave dirty plates by the fucking dishwasher instead of in it they'd be millionaires..

• Funny Funny x 1

12. Just to let you know it doesn't improve with age ;p

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Hi, worked out at £223 back last November when I ordered it. About £100 shipping express, arrived in 5 days inc customs delay. Pay in 2 payments, a large one and small one and Wilson includes the small one in the shipping documents as total value. Saves on too much import tax. J

• Like Like x 2
  14. Ragged the 999 round Almeria, In between showers unfortunately

15. Became a bit more MAN!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  16. Today I cooked a special meal for the long suffering Mrs Mervyn.A main course of 'Gigantes with tomatoes and beans',and a dessert called 'Galaktoboureko with orange syrup.Both courtesy of Rick Stein.:)
    Mrs Mervyn declared the main course 'a triumph of culinary excellence',and the dessert 'a work of art'.:upyeah:
    Pity that the dessert in all its excellence was not cooked:Arghh: and has now been de constructed into something else:Angelic:
    All's well that ends well as I have amassed trillions of brownie points:D and am well on my way to another 'Must have'.;)
    Tomorrow I am hoping to be able to take out my bike and have little run.I am however a little apprehensive as I have not ridden for over 6 months.:(

• Like Like x 3
  17. Way to go Mervyn :upyeah:. You never forget how to ride a bike.........changing gear might be a bit more of a challenge :D. Andy

• Like Like x 2
  18. Take is steady Mervyn, have fun :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  19. Awww where's the pics Merv

20. Give me a bit of time and I will try to get a pic of pudding up.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information