1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So what have you done today..?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by figaro, Mar 17, 2012.

1. New Vehicle Detail....Bentley Speed Six....out of all the vehicles I'm lucky enough to work on I would have one of these in a heartbeat!!!...it was bloody amazing!!! DSC_0088.jpg DSC_0085 07.33.19.jpg ....just got to persuade the wifey to sell the house and we can live in a caravan! lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  2. Just got to our hotel at Arnhem visiting the Parachute Regiment museum at Oosterbeck tomorrow then on to Assen for the Moto GP

• Like Like x 2
  3. Looks crap with a towhook fitted... :joy:

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Tested out the new action cam, need to move as clutch to loud, but pretty happy with it. Decided against uploading any footage to the big wide world :innocent:.

Also managed to get the Power RS pressures about right and got rid of the chicken strips.

4.PNG

View attachment 91248

8.PNG

• Like Like x 1
  5. Is that the one with blood stains in it from the Police compound :laughing:

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Still working on the church roof. Today I was repairing the hatch onto the clock tower roof, not easy access by any means, three ladders and a climb over the bell's, not for the larger man!!
    DSC_0253.JPG DSC_0248.JPG DSC_0249.JPG
    Steve

• Like Like x 3
  7. Having a pint in Guy Martin's local, The Marrowbone & Cleaver in Kirmington before getting on the boat to Belgium tomorrow. :)

IMG_5419.JPG

IMG_5420.JPG

• Like Like x 4
  8. What a brilliant day. I did this day 11 years ago so I kind of knew what to expect. However when I did it then it was 3 months after I'd had major back surgery (for cancer) and I don't think I was really ready for it and didn't enjoy it as much as I should as I was very protective of the new and rather large scar on my back.

However today was very different. I have to admit I was a bit shaky in the first session as I was riding as though I would on the road, and trying to remember and think about everything including getting to know the track. But second and in particular the third session were fantastic as I had one to one instruction after a re-jig of available instructors.

My confidence and technique improved dramatically over those two sessions and the instructor was great, inspiring confidence and giving great tips which I was able to put into practice easily. Marginal gains I think they'd call in in the athletic world!

I really enjoy road riding and I'm sure I will be able to take some of today onto the road, but I may just start doing the odd track day to try and improve my track riding. Watch this space :)

• Like Like x 11
  9. Glad you had a great day buddy :upyeah:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. Kirmington....No shit. My Grandad flew Lancaster's out of there in the 40's

11. :) Lots of memorabilia on the walls. :upyeah:

The steak and ale pie was ace too :yum

IMG_5423.JPG

IMG_5422.JPG

• Like Like x 5
  12. I remember a pub being mentioned when I first starting looking in to RAF Kirmington and my grandads plane and crew. The pub has one of the most comprehensive collections of memorabilia for the area. There are still a few knowledgeable aficionados of Lancasters around, I remember one mentioning a pub
    Cheers dude, thats given me a good destination for a ride :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  13. Yorkshire Tea in the coffee machine. NRC covers on the optics and buckets with an engine block in the toilets. :)

IMG_5424.JPG

IMG_5425.JPG

IMG_5427.JPG IMG_5428.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  14. Sounds like you had an awesome day T.......and a smile on your face i bet!

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Doing Silverstone DUK day now then ;)

• Like Like x 1
  16. The museum is fantastic. A lot to take in :upyeah:

17. When is it? :p

18. We had a short stop at the museum couple of years ago intend spending most of the day there this time there's a lot to see

19. recovering from yesterdays heatwave - was sweatin' like Diane Abbot taking a maths exam

• Funny Funny x 2
  20. Took the new bike up the road and back. First impressions are boy, the brakes are fantastic! And its deceptively quick. Doesn't feel it really, as it doesn't have that instant multi drive, but the speed rises pretty well...also controls are a bit cramped and will need some adjustment. Suspension not bad at 6/10 pace on bumpy b road :) And quickshiter works ok....

• Like Like x 3
Do Not Sell My Personal Information