1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So what have you done today..?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by figaro, Mar 17, 2012.

1. Hang on..............you've been in an accident too?

2. Hope you're OK Bradders! Let us know when you can :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Did a bit more of my wheel alignment jig :)

IMG_2722.JPG IMG_2723.JPG

4. Pretty beaten up
    cant comfortably breath that well, back and hip are quite painful. Track days are dangerous, shit happens.

No idea what the bruising is like.

5. Are you home or in Hospital?

6. Much damage to the bike?

7. GWS fella :)

8. Sorry to hear this @bradders...

GWS Fella :)

9. @bradders, never good news to hear of a track day accident but awful when it's a mate. Here's hoping that you have no major injuries and you you are up and around with no ill effects very soon. Not sure if there is anything I can do to help but if there is, just ask. Andy

10. Just to fill you in from what I've got off Facebook from @bradders , and this is just to stop anyone worrying, he's ok. Beaten and bruised from quite a tumble by the sounds of it but nothing life changing.

Bike I don't know about but don't sound good.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  11. Making a start on putting my 900ss Bevel back together

12. Cheers all :)

It started spitting heavily and fella decided he wasn't going to knock it off like the rest of us did, so came past me just at the braking point for the left after Hamilton, swing across my nose (bit naughty but no biggie) hit his brakes and was contemplating doing the fella just in front of me mid corner. I turn quite last so backed to give him room (well me room really) then he seemed to hesitate mid turn at 3/4 lean.

I was maybe 3 or 4 bike length behind having backed off but he went down but I didn't have anywhere to go and it was run into him or try and slow down. Probably a bit of panic over brake (we all do it) and the front went down heavy.

I went onto my shoulder and left side and tumbled a bit, watching bits of my bike flying past me as I slowed down and pretty sure I spotted mine cartwheeling side over side as it hit fellas bike.

Landed on him and trapped his leg apparently. Good : unamused:

Back and hip very stiff. Difficult to breath a bit, as they suspect I may have some cracked back ribs and X-rays showed a shadow on my lung that they think is an old chest infection clearing up...or could be the lung isn't filling correctly. I chose the first and got outta there home ;)

Trackside were great, my pulse and pressure were low (that's normal for me) so they gave me an ecg. From that they then spent an hour convincing me to go to hospital, not because of the crash but because they thought I may have a heart problem!!

Doc was happy that the abnormal graphs were just me...

Track medics were great. NHS Norwich were great. Felt a complete fraud.

Mates were awesome. Started stripping bike, came to check on me, packed up, @PGP took my bike and trailer for me, JC hunt around to drive me and car home and was collected at 9pm last night by @Rman, @royalwithcream offerred if I was staying in that he would stay over night and at least get me to a train station closer to home.

Fantastic few days, weather was great during the day, track was good, beer and banter off the scale, and bike was pretty mega too.

Onwards and upwards :upyeah:

• Like Like x 14
  13. Good to hear that it's all fairly minor stuff. Sure you'll be OK in a few weeks. Watch out for the strong opioids some docs will give you by the bucketful, they can be surprisingly addictive...

Which bike were you on?

14. Glad to hear you are reasonably okay although it sounds that your self preservation genes kicked in early enough to avoid something worse. Rest up mate and get well soon. Andy

15. As said glad you're ok Bradders. I would have got you home if needed in the morning but you looked like walking wounded at the time.

Vale reckons her crash was better :) breakdancing down the main straight at 100 odd mph is admittedly impressive.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Sh*t happens. Glad you are OK. GWS

17. Get well soon mister
    Big ducbird hugs

18. @bradders hope you aren't feeling too badly. Don't laugh at anything (not that you do ;) ) as it'll hurt :p

GWS fella :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Breaking news from the BBC - love the scouse humour !

*** BREAKING NEWS ***

EARTHQUAKE IN Liverpool

An earthquake measuring 6.4 on the Richter scale hit Liverpool in the early hours, with the epicentre in the Bootle area. Victims were seen wandering around aimlessly, muttering "Fuck me lar

The tremor decimated the area causing approximately £30 worth of damage. Several priceless collections of mementos from Majorca and the Costa del Sol were damaged beyond repair.

Three areas of historic burnt out cars were disturbed. Many locals were woken well before their giros arrived. The Liverpool Argus reported that hundreds of residents were confused and bewildered and were still coming to terms with the fact that something interesting had happened in Liverpool . One resident - Tracy Sharon Smith, a 15-year-old mother of 5 said, "it was such a shock, my little Chardonnay-Mercedes come running into my bedroom crying. My youngest two, Tyler-Morgan and Victoria-Storm slept through it all. I was still shaking when I was skinning up and watching Jeremy Kyle the next morning".

Apparently looting, muggings and car crime were unaffected and carried on as normal. The British Red Cross has so far managed to ship 4,000 crates of White Lightning to the stricken locals.

Rescue workers are still searching through the rubble and have found large quantities of personal belongings, including benefit books, jewellery from Elizabeth Duke at Argos and Bone China from Poundland.

HOW CAN YOU HELP?

This appeal is to raise money for food and clothing parcels for those unfortunate enough to be caught up in this disaster.

Clothing is most sought after - items most needed include:

Baseball caps

Full matching tracksuits

Nike Huarachi trainers

Tartan pyjamas

UGG Boots and any other items usually sold in Primark.

Food parcels may be harder to come by, but are needed all the same.

Microwave meals, Pot Noodles, Tins of baked beans, ice cream, Cans of Strong Bow or Special Brew and of course pies.

22p buys a biro for filling in compensation forms.

£3 buys chips, crisps and blue fizzy drinks for a family of 9.

£8 buys B&H and a lighter to calm the nerves of those affected.

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
  20. Back from a few days in Germany, had the odd shower on the way home but only got drenched once home when I went out to take the luggage off the bike after an essential cup of tea. The heavens opened. The cleaning of the bike can wait, sadly the washing can't. Thank god for tumble driers. Still can't believe Chester is dead

Do Not Sell My Personal Information