1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So what have you done today..?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by figaro, Mar 17, 2012.

1. So today has been pretty full on. First thing I caught up on some paperwork at home, which I detest doing and had been putting off for about 6 weeks. Took me all of about 15 minutes :p Which was nice. :)

I then took my leather scrambler jacket to the leather workshop in Huddersfield to get some Ducati badges and my Distinguished Gentlemans Ride badges sewn on seeing as my gluing was "close but shite". It'll be ready on Tuesday and cost £15. Can't think why I haven't done it before :rolleyes:

I then went over to Ducati Manchester as they had the Ducati Roadshow there and I'd booked a test ride on the Scrambler Cafe Racer. :)

The cafe racer is quite a bit different to my Classic. The handling is superb. Very planted but light and flickable. The engine is tuned differently from the Classic too as it's a lot smoother. Ergonomically it's not as comfortable as my Classic unless you're riding it quickly. And to state the bleeding obvious it likes to be "raced". The downside was that the right peg vibrated at 4K revs and it kicked out a lot of heat from under the seat and at the right side of the bike, burning my right arse cheek and right leg. My Classic doesn't heat up like that, and neither does the Panigale. But that said overall it's a great bike and looks great too!

I mentioned the heating issue to Martin at DMC and he thinks it could have just been the "event bike" as no one has ever mentioned it about his demo bike. So I'm going to arrange another test ride on the shops bike to check it out.

After that @Carr01 turned up and we had a very brief chat before the Charity Film Night (in aid of prostate cancer) started where the producer of the biking film "Take it to the limit" gave a brief talk on prostate cancer and then introduced his (40yo) film.

I'm now home and eating a Chinese whilst SWMBO is getting bladderated with the girl next door. :)

• Like Like x 2
  2. Discovered today that my house is full of condensation , so if anyone can assist, please pop round.

The kettle's always on.

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. I went to a pub quiz in Liverpool tonight, but had a few drinks so wasn't much use.

Just for a laugh I wrote "The Beatles" or "Steven Gerrard" for every answer and came second.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Top day spent with The Mafia.
    Hope I don't wind up with a horses head in my bed.
    IMG_7255.JPG IMG_7282.JPG IMG_7284.JPG IMG_7288.JPG IMG_7292.JPG IMG_7296.JPG IMG_7308.JPG IMG_7313.jpg IMG_7319.jpg IMG_7320.PNG

• Like Like x 8
  5. Beautiful setting

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. It was mega Bradders, mega.
    Hope you're ok

• Like Like x 1
  7. Just sitting down to watch BSB, finishes at 4am Monday morning for me, still on holiday so OK to sleep in tomorrow tho'.

#37227 NZDave, Jul 23, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  8. IMG_2396.JPG IMG_2397.JPG

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. Made a start polishing the wifes car today....

IMG_0893.JPG

• Like Like x 4
  10. If I bring my bike over will you do that?

11. Yep :upyeah: I'll even fire up the coffee machine

12. Are you:

A. Mad?
    B. Completely nuts and should be a Harley rider/cleaner?
    C. You do this for a living?

I like a clean shiny bike, not that keen on cleaning them partly because it's tricky to get my bike to the back of my house.
    If I cleaned it out front it'd be nicked in no time. For real.

13. Just cycled 11Kms in 48 degree heat, in 29m 17s, not bad for an old codger. :grinning::splat:

• Like Like x 3
  14. :thinkingface: Probably A..... Its one job I don't mind doing, seeing the end result is pretty rewarding. I tend to keep my stuff clean where feasible, pride of ownership I guess, I put in the hard yards to pay for stuff so treat it with respect.
    Luckily I have a carport with a gate so the bikes get cleaned out of sight

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. image.jpeg
    Oooo I have one too

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. I went twice to get my scrambler out and each time it started to rain. So I gave up and stayed in to watch BSB on the telly box.

Oh and I had a couple of snoozes.

17. Yeah I hate Sunday bus services too, nightmare. :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. I miss the *biggirlsblouse" smiley we had on the old smileys

• Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information