1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So what have you done today..?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by figaro, Mar 17, 2012.

1. Accepted an offer on my house :upyeah:

• Like Like x 5
  2. Ducbirds gonna kick your arse when she reads your reply :)

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Missed that :D

4. As I was away from the office for the past two days it seems like I've only just come up for air!

5. Lot of thread merges and thread closes to take care of then ? :)

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. You are probably right but one of our neighbours is a nightmare in terms of adding bits to her house so we were keen to play it by the book. Looks like it might be wood cladding (much more New Forest)which we can always then paint.....

7. As always:)

8. 1. Chased up my Chinese contract translations.
    2. Advised the Chinese that they'll be getting contracts through tomorrow at the latest. They hope to sign it all off by the end of next week. Allegedly.
    3. Got my production manager to check out raw material supplies just in case we can press buttons on ordering stuff the week after next.

Think I may go home in a bit and get the Scrambler out for a couple of hours :)

9. Most businesses I've worked it would take 6 weeks to get even a heads of agreement that was mostly standard boiler plate never mind a full contract in another language!! Fair play :upyeah:

10. There has been a bit of to-ing and fro-ing since I was in China back in April so his visit last week was to "dot the i's and cross the t's" and try an negotiate some discount, which he did. But I'd added it on to take it off again. All standard practice :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Fitted some arrow cans to the 1198

IMG_20170810_200923.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  12. So I'm straining on the toilet tonight, pushing as hard as I can and then i hear a *pop* .

Everything went dark.

My wife shouted, "are you alright Ron ? We've had a powercut"

I replied: "Thank fuck for that, I thought my eyes had exploded"

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Seems I've bought myself a KTM 450 EXC with road and off road wheels.

KTM gave a BS build date, I waited months to find out, then could not confirm any delivery date so I requested a refund on the new one I ordered.

Then the mrs allocated some of my funds to the house project, which encouraged me to allocate some of what's left on something I want..

Fingers crossed it should be hardly used, last years model with all the bits and it's not been run with the hours meter disconnected.

It will either kill me or get me in better shape.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Sent translated contracts to China then basically caught up on dross paperwork. Also managed to book a hotel for the BSB weekend at Silverstone in September as my friend from Portsmouth is marshalling and can get me a free ticket.

Now I'm off on my jollies for a week visiting relatives in Italy and then going for a few days to Alberobello to stay in a trulli. Aces. I can't wait as the past few months have been rather hectic and stressful.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Mostly face palmed today, daughter, son in law and 2 grands are off to a caravan in Clacton next week and she was stressing, I asked her why and she said they will only have 3 ipads so rows are inevitable. O those halcyon days of a bat, ball, bucket and spade

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  16. Today Montezuma's revenge, or its Balanese equivalent, finally caught up with me.
    :(

17. Bike ride to the park with son, then picking up paint for his bedroom, apparently he would like blue and red..
    Driving range with dad from the boys school, which I am growing to dislike as I am getting worse not better. BBQ.

Sunday, might get out on a proper bike, need to MOT the Honda. Move the furniture out the way to finish tiling.
    Monday, I am heading round the M25 to get the Orange bike..

Next weekend is already fully booked, the guys I raced with are at Silverstone.
    Get to see my old car being driven by someone who knows what they are doing. Get some stick, why I'm not racing... "Come on, the factory will run you in a car" Errr... need to win the lotto first and lose about 4 stone+.
    Sunday my freind who works in F1 is coming round for dinner with his mrs and little one.

I want to get out more on the bikes, the house project is getting near where it should be.
    Maybe get down to the Ace again for the Sunday meet. I imagine early next year, will be a juggling act with +1 baby.

18. These guys take filtering to another level. It's a visual nightmare negotiating your way through this mayhem. But no one crashes or gets hurt in the process, except the girl who rode straight in to a tree that is!
    :)

19. Planning to visit a lovely little place in Wales today - Lloysthwycyyrigridarbrewwthh...

sorry, there was a hair in my mouth, I meant Rhyl

• Funny Funny x 5
  20. All the bikes fuel tanks have been topped up with fresh fuel and fuel stabilizer.They can now sit there patiently waiting for me to run them up or take them for a totter round the block.Also umming and erring about disposing of another never used/not likely to be used machine.Very much going through a 'lost interest in bikes' phase at the moment.:worried:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information