1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So what have you done today..?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by figaro, Mar 17, 2012.

1. Steamed through the MOT today at 1000mph. Only two advisories.....

" it's a very powerful machine sir". And

" it's very desirable,I'm very envious sir"

IMG_3026.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  2. Yesterday I built a tandoori oven in the garden. This morning I fitted Gilles variobars to the 916. This evening I was mainly eating tandoori chicken, husseini and seekh kebabs

3. Been and collected a little CBR 400 RR for the little lady as a track bike - Silverstone tomorrow, cost £900 she was worried about dropping the 848 so she can scream this and it don't really matter

image1.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  4. My wife just said to me, "Look at this, I've had this since we got married 20 years ago and it still fits me."

"It's a scarf"

• Funny Funny x 3
  5. Keep plugging away ,better days just around the corner. :upyeah:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Well this morning started well enough even though we had to leave home at 3am after very little sleep to get to the airport in plenty of time for our flight to Italy.

However on the flight things took a slight turn for the worse. SWMBO and I were sat in different rows (no biggie). An hour into the flight there seemed to be a kerfuffle a few rows in front of me. I looked up from reading my Bike magazine and noticed a woman running up the aisle. The I noticed a few more people gathering in the same spot, so being nosey I stood up to see what was happening. It was then I realised that the action seemed to be centred around SWMBO and the woman running up the aisle happened to be a doctor.

To cut a long story short SWMBO had felt ill, fainted and threw up all over herself and the passenger next to her when she'd fainted. The doctor and the Ryanair staff were brilliant looking after her for the rest of the flight. After cleaning everything up they took her to the rear of the plane, laid her down with her feet up, gave her sweet tea, water, air sickness pills and oxygen.

When the plane landed a doctor and paramedic came on the plane did a few checks (bloods, blood pressure, cardiac etc) then we were taken off the plane first, straight through passport control and she was taken to the airport infirmary whilst I collected the hold luggage. Few more checks in the infirmary and she was given the all clear and we were allowed on our way.

We then collected our hire car, and were soon on our way. By 1pm we were at my aunt and uncles house.

She's been a little shaky the rest of the day, and has given solids a swerve till about two hours ago when she scoffed a huge starter and main course at a restaurant we've just been too with my cousins.

God knows what happened. She's never been ill travelling before now and we've been on several long haul flights over the years. She seems to think it was a combination of no sleep, and the plane being warm and stuffy. But she's not clear on what made her feel ill initially.

But on the plus side we sailed through the passport control process etc :)

7. Glad alls ok, hope she doesn't get too worried towards the end of the holiday prior to your return flight.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. She's fine now. She thinks it was a lack of sleep and stuffiness combination but she may just have picked up a 24 hour bug or something.

9. Blimey ET !!!
    Hope all is well now
    Get well soon mrs ET

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. She's all chirpy this morning. She's just an attention seeker :)

• Like Like x 2
  11. Glad to here Mrs El Toro is on the mend.A very upsetting start to your holiday.Hope all goes well from now on and you both have a great time together.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. Taking a black lady out on a date. She doesn't like where I'm taking her though ;)

IMG_5725.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  13. Yesterday seems another bunch of wasps have just made a home in the bunch right out the front of our house, and you have to pass it to the front door...and noticed this morning the ivy at the back of the house is also full of wasps. Wife is allergic...FFS

14. Got the 748 out about 8.30 and headed to to the cafe for breakfast a couple of miles south of Royston. Then carried on North past Cambridge and across to Newmarket and a fuel stop, from there to a small village called Lode where I've got a share in a boat moored on the Cam with sister and brother in law. Pleasant hour tinkering and enjoying the river then back home. About 130 miles in all making a really enjoyable ride on relatively clear quiet roads and home just in time for Moto GP with a very large rhubarb g&t

15. Suns out. Missing riding. MGP and a tip run ready to go. B&Q for some potato sacks and wasp nest killer on the way back...:skull:

16. Taking a black lady out on a date. She doesn't like where I'm taking her though ;)

IMG_5725.JPG
    UPDATE !

Look at this rubbish (below) :confused: This is one of the pains of travelling abroad. This'll be like the Drachma that I had lying about for years after my holiday in Kefalonia circa '89 :mad:

IMG_5726.JPG

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Back off hols.... I guess some have been on track days, some touring, some going to watch the racing....

I give you..... Coffee and cake morning with a crochet lesson thrown in, in the local woolshop in Tenby.... Fucking hard core...
    IMAG0902.jpg
    It was too extreme for me... I wasn't allowed to stay...

• Funny Funny x 3
  18. Comfy you might be able to help me out, do you have a KTM500/520EXC?

I am looking for a photo that shows part of the chassis number / engine number.. I am only after the font type.

Going to collect a 450 EXC tomorrow (private sale).
    It has a V5. HPI is clear.

I have seen (perhaps replacement) chassis that have been iffy before...
    It's supposed to be in very good condition, low hours so being as cautious as I can.

19. I've got a 525...i remember you talking about one at the bbq.... What year is it..?

20. Up the wrongun ???

Do Not Sell My Personal Information