1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So what have you done today..?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by figaro, Mar 17, 2012.

1. It is a 2016 KTM 450 EXC Factory edition. Very low hours (like new) as the guy work away.
    He is off to New York Tuesday and is moving house < suspicious, although I delayed collection.

Has had quite a few extras and supermoto bits, similar spec to the one I ordered...
    Near 1/2 the price of buying that spec as brand new from KTM. He said he paid, correct price for spec.

The HPI looks pucker... It has a V5.

I just don't know what the chassis/engine numbers look like.
    But given he is the first owner and it's not a crock of shit, I guess it's less likey it's been down the road and re-framed/engine swap using a donor bike and given the ID on the V5.

I was buying a 2018 model (the dealer called KTM before I agreed to buy for eta.) KTM said It would be built in May.. which was before the public unveiling so a bit strange. After May I was then told they had no idea when it would be available so got my money back.

2. Ironically mines not here (at the local whitepower suspension dude having the shock stripped, lowered and rebuilt) what do you need? The style of the marking? Or the location of it?

If you need a pic I can nip down there tomorrow and get a pic...

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Two trips to the tip (sorry Household Waste Recycling Centre!). Took some pics of my Father's 1979 VW T2 the sale of which will hopefully conclude this week. Quick swim at Milford (got to make the most of the summer apparently!) followed by the sharing platter at Wetherspoons in Lymington.....

First picture with engine stopped and second at tickover (it isn't really that colourful - the magic of HDR software!)

DSC_3969_70_71s.jpg DSC_3972_3_4s.jpg

4. You went swimming in Milford ?? Are you nuts !!!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Lot less busy than Bournemouth or Highcliffe - probably due to the pebbles. Quite chilly till you got used to it. Think the water is pretty clean.
    That said we only saw one other person swimming.....

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Big weekend. 600 miles on the bike:)
    300 in the car:bucktooth:

Went to Brackley, now this...is a V twin.
    IMG_7450.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  7. I was down at Milford today walking the dog, saw only two folk swimming while I was taking a piss in the sea ?? Beach looked near empty ?? Go figure !! :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Joking aside, was actually in the snake catcher yesterday :upyeah::beer::beer::beer:

9. You need to try the Britannia Thai across the road - food is excellent!

10. Blimey! Good to hear she is on the mend. Sometimes these thing just happen, could be anything I guess. Enjoy the rest of your holiday.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. Well this morning after breakfast I went to visit an old aunt who I'd not seen in 10 years and saw her youngest son/my cousin who I'd not seen in over 25 years. Which was nice.

This afternoon we went to a town called Matera which is famous for its caves where people used to live until the 1960's and was also the place where Mel Gibson filmed the Passion of Christ (2004). Matera has really been developed and is quite a tourist attraction. The place was packed with people promenading all evening.

We then visited an old friend who has opened a pizzeria-bar on the main thoroughfare and he treated us like royalty plying us with food and drink all evening. I'm now quite drunk and stuffed to the gunnels. And all for zero earth pounds/euros.

I'm now going to bed!

• Like Like x 3
  12. Up early this morning to go dolphin watching.... us and around 20 other boats.

• Like Like x 4
  13. Had a lie in as off work for a while, so going out on my million BHP Multi today for some sun and fun on the Jurassic coast line :grinning:

14. Had an 'oh bugger' moment yesterday when I discovered the Multistrada had popped a fork seal. I was having a pre ride out bacon and sausage bap at the Bushie cafe at Blackbushe when I noticed a telltale wet patch under the fork. Chanced the run out to the New Forest but by the time we were on our way home the handling wasn't good. Parts ordered this morning, but it's going to be Thursday afternoon at the earlieat before I get the forks back and can get the bike rebuilt. Have to say, the prospect of not getting out for a ride before then has definitely left me uninspired :(. Andy

15. Today we've been to Potenza and had lunch with another cousin, her husband and kids (who speak excellent English).

After lunch we headed out for a walk around the "Centro Storico" as its been probably 20 years spence I last visited. It's good to see the local council have spent some money to upgrade things and make it a real tourist attraction.

Downside to the day was that I discovered I'd fucked my expensive sunglasses. I have to get them fixed when I get back. In the meantime I'll buy a cheap pair over the road at the Chinese Arkwrights emporium.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Very nice part of the world, stayed in Gioia del Colle some years back for 6 months so got to tour round Monopoli, Conversano, Brindisi, Bari etc etc. A fantastic bike run is from Monopoli over the hills to Gioia....Bliss :) Enjoy "T"

• Like Like x 1
  17. Caught the wife's lurgy. Like I need more shit.

Today has been a 9hr shift on the Visio pot. And didn't get finished what I needed to. Damn.

18. Could be worse, could be off work cruising round Dorchester on your Multi eating fish"n"chips and ice cream. Phew, what a tough day :upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  19. Sarcastic use of rating :confused:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. You don't get the crap rating eh Paul ?? :D

• Useful Useful x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information