1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So what have you done today..?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by figaro, Mar 17, 2012.

1. Need to pay for that. :bomb:

• Crap Crap x 2
  2. My wife threw me out today.

She told me "I can't believe you were going to prostitutes for sex, I'm so hurt"

"Well, it's not like I'm getting any off you"

"I didn't know you were prepared to pay for it"

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. Been to ducati to have my wallet emptied for what is essentially an oil change !! :(

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Well yesterday was a tale of two cities.

In the morning we went to a town called Acerenza where my dad was born. Though I'd been a couple of times before I hadn't really done the tourist thing. What a beautiful medieval town! Really narrow streets, beautiful buildings, and really clean too. It was stonking hot and as it was August bank holiday here the place was pretty busy with tourists like us.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

In the evening it was a case of another day, another festival! This time it was the Festival of San Rocco in Tolve. We got there around 7.30pm and it was busy with market stalls selling all kinds of landfill, fairground rides and attractions, and people just promenading. By the time we left at 11.15pm the place was rammed, music was blaring from everywhere and my guess is that it probably didn't finish till 3am at the earliest. I wouldn't have wanted to be staying close by that's for sure. Also as we left there there were hundreds of pilgrims arriving by foot from neighbouring villages (some having taken ten hours to get there) for a mass that was to be held at midnight. That I just don't get!

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

• Like Like x 5
  5. Today we trekked through the jungle for a couple of hours. To get back we row a dug out canoe across the crater of an extinct volcano which is now a fresh water lake. IMG_5235.JPG

• Like Like x 5
  6. This morning, after breakfast, we set off for a place called Alberobello which is famous for it's Trulli houses. We've booked into one for the next few days.

On arrival we checked in and dumped our stuff in the trulli. It is "truly" (see what I did there?) magnificent. Probably the best accommodation I've ever stayed in! Really modern inside and beautifully furnished and decorated. And we have free wifi and AirCon.

We had a walk to a local (200m away) restaurant and have had the most lovely meal including two bottles of wine, and all for the princely sum of €35! I drank over a bottle of wine plus I had two shots of home made limoncello. I'm (nicely) smashed, and off to bed.

See ya laters :)

• Like Like x 6
  7. Holy Shit, that brings back memories @El Toro, we went to Alberobello when we were based in Gioia, enjoy mate, lovely place. From memory you can head out to Castellana Grotte for the caves as not far from where you are. ;)

#37607 Wayne58, Aug 16, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Carr01
    Where are you?

9. When we went to Castellana Grotte for the caves, stayed in the d'aragona hotel in conversano, worth a half day visit. :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. @Wayne58 - We drove through Gioia to get here. It didn't look an especially exciting place. Is it? Did we miss something?

Why were you here?

11. Think we are doing Castellana Grotte tomorrow :)

• Like Like x 1
  12. So many memories coming back Tel, in the 90's, spent over a 18 months of my life in that region , and loved every minute of it. When you go to Castellana, there's some nice restaurants in Putignano :upyeah: Enjoy mate... :upyeah::cool: Lucky sod !!!!

#37612 Wayne58, Aug 16, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2017
  13. Found out that Ducati shut for maintenance on the 11th so my fork seal kit isn't going to be delivered in time for the workshop slot tomorrow. Mad phone around and Snells came up trumps. Spent the afternoon negotiating the sale of the maisonette my sister was living in. The upstairs maisonette is already let by a couple and they have expressed a interest in mine as a buy to let. Could be good for both of us. Andy

14. Have PM'ed ya :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  15. I was touched today when reading a poem Paul McCartney wrote to Heather Mills when they were courting together:

"We lay upon a grassy bank my hands were all a quiver,
    I slowly undid her suspender belt
    and her leg fell in the river."

beautiful

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  16. Such a sensitive piece Ron !! ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Work, then got the recently collected KTM out..

20170816_203353 (1).jpg

• Like Like x 2
  18. Measured my log cabin garage (Shed) up for pan tile style steel roofing (still undecided if to felt of not) now need quotes! It's a big roof :(
    Did a bit of head scratching regarding the KR1000 rear shock mounts too :)

19. Today I got some news I have been fighting for and praying hard for along with all the positive thoughts from all

I'm ready to go for stem cell harvesting yeahhhhh I'm on my way to remission
    Still a way to go but it's the right way

Had a bone marrow biopsy last Tuesday and today I was told it's looking good with 3% myeloma
    I'm so pleased
    It hasn't quite sunk in yet

:party::party::blush:

• Like Like x 12
    • Love You Love You x 8
  20. Fab news DB, party on Dudette! o_O

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information