1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So what have you done today..?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by figaro, Mar 17, 2012.

1. Nice SS scrambler

2. I've had a great day doing the Leeds Distinguished Gentlemans Ride. We had 200 registered Rider's and probably 160 turn up!

This pic was taken at Mansion House in Roundhay Park!

image.jpeg

Ps So far I've Been able to raise £1449 this year for the charities involved. Huge thanks to all the people that sponsored me (or will be sponsoring me) ;)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Can't see you :bucktooth:

4. Went to the Ace and met a few of you fine folk. Beautiful day for a blast back along the south coast :upyeah:

5. Lovely ride down to Rye this morning taking In some of the great roads around it. Took the 999 and Dad took his ZX6R, Perfect weather aswell.
    Ducati is now back indoors...
    IMG_20170819_1835189.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  6. Got one day closer to that paraffin budgie coming and collecting me from this remote structure that gradually wears you down and sucks the life out of you! Roll on Tuesday :)

Oh, and I also got one day closer to picking up my new toy too :D Roll on Wednesday!

• Like Like x 4
  7. Yes I just finished putting it back together not too long ago that’s true, I got a couple of weeks of riding time in then the main bearings went, so now I am waiting for a new crank, pistons, rods, cylinder heads...etc! To come in, most of the parts are here already so this shouldn’t take too long lol!

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  8. Cleaned (Wurth chain cleaner) and greased (Castrol Race Lube) my chain DSC_4188s.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  9. you forgot the after picture :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Today I decided I'd wash my football shirt - I don't normally get involved in these things.

Seconds after I stepped into the kitchen, I shouted to the wife: "What setting do I use on the washing machine?"

"It depends," she shouted back - "What does it say on your shirt?"

"Liverpool".

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. I know! how do people clean a chain without getting everything covered in crud??

12. Went out with a bunch of lads who I've never been out with before. I must confess I was near if not at my limit of ability. Absolutely knackered for concentrating for that length of time. From Bristol north into wales up a bit then cross into Hereford, down then stop at tintern abbey then back down to Bristol.

• Like Like x 1
  13. I always think it’s not a great ride unless you scare yourself at least once :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Picked up the new (44 years old) Bug, this one is a keeper as it drives normally unlike the last one :D

IMG_3425.JPG

• Like Like x 9
  15. And if you have any garage door paint left over you can finish the bug doors and roof lol

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Thats not a bad idea Paul, I like to be colour co-ordinated ;)

• Like Like x 1
  17. Yep....did that a fair few times but considering the company I think I did fairly well. The majority were on near brand new hardware ( 1299, superduke r, brand new rsv4, one older one) one ex speedway pro and 2 had track bikes they used regularly. Mine hadn't got the front sag set correctly, has the wrong amount of oil in there and I didn't know any of the roads. They all get together quite regularly ( once or twice a week)...about 3 months since I've used mine. It was fun but a bit too full on for me...

18. Ah you could have had coffee in Hereford and I had bacon in too
    :)

• Like Like x 1
  19. I dont think they would have stopped DB....i had no idea where we were going...in fact when we stopped i thought we were about an hour away from where we actually were....never been to Tintern Abbey before (we had some breakfast) - i thought we were somewhere up near worcester! - apprarently we did a kind of, big square...ish...

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information