1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So what have you done today..?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by figaro, Mar 17, 2012.

1. Arrived at Brands 10:30 ish and mooched. Saw most of qualifying from the pit lane until qualy 3 was red flagged. Right place, right time, got grid pass for race 1 :). Andy

#38701 Android853sp, Oct 14, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Just run into James Ellison's mum outside the Kentigan. What a lovely lady :). Andy

3. You got some time on your hands Liz, or has Chiz hacked your account due to running out of Nukes?o_O

• WTF WTF x 1
  4. IMG_3409.JPG Fitted some Ducati Forum stickers :)

• Like Like x 5
  5. 41B03BE0-37FF-49AA-A575-71399485E692.jpeg 1A3EDABE-559C-4723-ABF0-D1DB97553587.jpeg A74DAD5E-6E80-4964-AA85-2E4722B8C0BE.jpeg 895249AA-6BE7-400D-B34F-631DF46FFE9C.jpeg Been for a test ride in the Yorkshire dales.

• Like Like x 5
    • WTF WTF x 2
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  6. Quite like those bobbers and o hear they ride really well.

7. They ride really well. It was quite comfortable, huge blobs of torque, and handles/carries its weight really well. You can flick it about no problem.

Build and paint quality is superb, with some lovely touches and details. The switch blocks etc are really chunky too. Not measley like Ducati's. It feels absolutely rock solid too.

The only bad point I felt was the front brake. It was awful. Truly wooden. You really had to use the back brake with it to slow things down. And it can't just be that it's a single disc front brake because my scrambler is single disc and I can stop that on a sixpence.

Anyway when I mentioned it to the salesman when I got back to the dealers he promptly mentioned Triumph are launching a new Bobber in February with dual front brakes. Quelle surprise.

We then had a chat about P/x'ing the scrambler against the bobber. I was genuinely insulted by his offer (and this dealership also is a Ducati dealer). This is the third time I've tried to do business with this dealer, and every time they have been hopeless in some shapes or form. I'll not bother again.

#38707 El Toro, Oct 14, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2017
  8. Add braided hoses, better m/c and pads

9. I like it alot but not keen on the size of the headlight and length of the indicators and take the reflectors of the fronts.

10. Test rode an X Diavel S this morning

• Like Like x 1
  11. What was the 2nd test ride?

12. It was to be the Thruxton R but it was still out when I got back to the dealers and I didn't hang around after I got a shit P/x offer on the scrambler.

13. Shame about the crappy offer, can never really expect a decent offer from a dealer. If they do make a palatable offer they usually find some other way of picking your pocket. Bobber looked pretty cool :upyeah: You had enough of the scrambler?

14. Not hipster enough :p

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. No. I love the scrambler I really do. It's a great bike but it'll be 3yo in a few months and I tend to chop them in when they get to that age.

I also like the fact that it's a very different proposition to Panigale and the Bobber would give a different ride too. I'd have another Scrambler tomorrow and if the rumours of a 1100 version are true then I may go that route. Who knows.

When I got back on the Scrambler to come home I had a blast chucking it all over the place which makes the decision really hard, particularly as it'll cost me at least £4K to change up.

• Like Like x 2
  16. And he'd need a Steve McQueen riding outfit (to fully "live the dream")....

Steve McQueen.jpg

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. What did you think?

18. I did post this a couple of years ago but I still believe this is true ............

A real woman is a mans best friend. She will never stand him up & never let him down. She will reassure him when he feels insecure & comfort him after a bad day. She will inspire him to do things he never thought he could do, she will enable him to express deepest emotions & give in to his most intimate desires, she will make him feel confident & sexy, seductive & invincible.........

No wait .... I'm thinking of Lager, It's lager that does that. Sorry !

• Funny Funny x 4
  19. I enjoyed it. Bags of torque, comfy seating position. Bike felt planted and remarkably agile for such a big unit. Rear shock could do with softening up, and the front end felt a little vague at crawling speed. I think as a second bike I could see myself owning one. When I got back on the 899 it felt tiny but made me appreciate how good I’ve got it. The 899 draws more attention but that’s not saying you go unnoticed on the Diavel. First naked bike I’ve ridden, didn’t realize how much wind protection a faired bike provides

20. I managed to blag one for a week last year and though it was fun I agree with everything you say. I'm not ready to give up my Panigale just yet either.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information