1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So what have you done today..?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by figaro, Mar 17, 2012.

1. You are in for a treat then. Enjoy. Andy

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Not today but yesterday - went to a rather disappointing wedding reception.

Maybe I'm out of touch with modern wedding etiquette.

Was I unreasonable in expecting to be fed when told to turn up at 6.30 for a wedding reception?

I'd deliberately not had much lunch, thinking we'd be bound to be given, if not a decent meal, then the usual melon followed by bland chicken in bland sauce and a slightly disappointing pud with cream.

But no, on entering the venue with a rumbling stomach, my heart sank on seeing the "order of events" refer to the "wedding breakfast" at 4 pm, with only the prospect of cheese & biscuits and more cheese in the form of the disco to come.

We ended up calling in at the Chinese takeaway on the way home.

3. No buffet?! Poor form!

4. Bastards, I hope their lives together will be as disappointing as your expectations.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Went to Buckmore Park today to check out some karting. Have been thinking about taking up this as the new hobby for some time now and all but decided now. Im taking year off from trackdays next year to play with the karts and if all goes well will probably sell the track bike as well.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Bottom of Snake Pass. Ladybower Reservoir

• Like Like x 2
  7. Went to Minnesota Central Roadracing Association annual banquet to meet people and see what it's all about. Won this set of slicks! Met several members more than happy to help me get going with racing:no_mouth: (I was told an R3 would be the best bike to start with). Had a great time!
    IMG_20171022_0023489.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  8. Glad you had a good time and got lucky in the raffle :upyeah:. The R3 is a bit of an unknown in the UK but is a new format for this year supporting the WSBK. Looks great fun and gave the first win on the world stage to Anna Carrasco. Andy

9. You won’t be needing those slicks tho ;)

10. If anyone wants to join our Scrabble Club, let me know, and I'll put in a good word for you.

11. I fucking swear engineers are on some sort of fucking spectrum or, theyre brain's produce a chemical which blocks out my voice....go to get some new users logged in....i start of with...

"open internet explorer" - opens Chrome.
    "ok, open internet explorer..." opens explorer
    "theres a couple of nag messages....click on, no, click on that one, no that one...no....no....no..." as he clicks on all the opposite ones...
    "ok login to the password manager using just your username....no...just your username, not your email address...no...no....no..." - i end up doing it....
    "ok now, once youve changed all this information, wait 15 mins as it has to sync worldwide...." proceeds to try password change within 2 seconds of setting it...

Fuck me sideways with a fucking bat....and he has the gall to stare at me like ive just taken a shit in his living room...

12. Our IT is shit too, don't worry about it o_O:upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  13. Did you try turning it off and on again? :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. If i had a quid for every time someone said that....in all fairness were migrating a network and doing it during working hours (and nights and weekends) its like taking the wings of a plane while its flying....but, i do go through it with everyone...but some just refuse to listen, even while im explaining it!!

15. Maybe they simply can’t hear what you’re saying :confused:

16. More world class ranting, 10/10 again :D

17. IMG_2540.JPG Nothing.
    And I'm not joking!
    I'm getting paid to do F#€k all!
    Still. All that will change tomorrow when we'll be drowning in work.

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. I must confess, when our net nerds are rambling on, I tend to glaze over, day dream of something completely random but more pleasurable than IT (which is any other subject) , then when his lord ship geekness has finished blubbing on, ask him to do it for me anyway. :upyeah:;)

#38900 Wayne58, Oct 23, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2017
Do Not Sell My Personal Information