1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So what have you done today..?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by figaro, Mar 17, 2012.

1. Spend as much time as you can with her, I lost both my parents within 6 months of each other a couple years ago. It's profound how it affects you and the thoughts you have after they pass. I swear my Mum talks to be more now that she ever did when she was live. Sorry to hear she/you/your fam is going through this. The one condition we all accept when we come here is we don't get to the next phase without the death clause being invoked. Godspeed to your mum, hope she's peaceful and suffers little to no pain.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. Can also be done with cables ties.

I know things

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. You never read my post did you :thinkingface:

4. Nope, I didn’t

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. I’ve started the annual search for FC insurance. So far the two brokers I’ve had quotes from are taking the piss.

6. Hartside, Penrith, A66, home.
    roads were covered in salt n crap, but had a ball!

• Like Like x 2
  7. Front tyre fitted tonight with the tape method as above, a little harder to push over the rim but still surprisingly easy. Whole job done in 5 mins including the taping, then down to Tesco to inflate - tyre popped on at about 50psi - well happy with my new life skill o_O bearing spinney type balancer ordered for £18.45 now! Fits a paddock stand which is why it was so cheap - doesn't need the framework.

IMG_4107.JPG

• Like Like x 5
  8. Cable tie method can also be used. Also foot pump saves time, unless you live close to Tesco or other similar place.

9. What condition was Hartside in?

10. See my first post regarding cable tie method - not advised, tape is much easier and wont risk digging into a soft tyre and putting a nick in it - stop just looking at the pictures (useless advice if you just look at the pictures I know :eyes:) I would use cable ties for removal of old tyres as easier to insert, but not to fit :)

• Like Like x 1
  11. So Hastings and Carole Nash have wasted two hours of my life. Not happy.

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. What happened to last years favourites :worried:

13. They are the best so far, and they’ve gone away to improve the price and will call me back tomorrow. I just wanted to put more pressure on them if I could.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Just needs new paint.

IMAG5160.jpg

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. I thought they might be set up in Portakabins. :thinkingface:

Where am I going to get my overpriced millionaire shortbread and weak tea this summer? o_O

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Mmm, I might open a café o_O:motorcycleduc::splat:

• Funny Funny x 2
  17. Lord Stones probs if you want over priced!

Shame, me thinks insurance will, as usual take a while. Will be a big miss. My local run and I just never get bored of the Hartside road, great fun.

18. Yep, been thinking about a proper bikers cafe my self. Just would prefer somewhere warmer than top of Hartside pass!

19. Names please, so we can all learn, I feel a ducati forum insurance coming up soon, surely there is going to be an insurer who would like to be reasonable and properly informed, if we could put a few thousand new customers on the menu? @El Toro

20. :thinkingface:

DSC00148.jpg

Do Not Sell My Personal Information