1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So what have you done today..?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by figaro, Mar 17, 2012.

1. Neighbours have moved out whilst their house is being completely rebuilt
    - so we have the joy of the noise - full skip collected this morning at 7.30 - cheers on my day off!
    So decision to go out all day - Lymington this morning, pub lunch and then Exbury Gardens this pm.
    DSC_6638s.jpg DSC_6648s.jpg DSC_6672s.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  2. Thought I might get some mountain biking in at the weekend. So I pull my mountain bike that I haven't used for a couple of years down off the wall, only to find that the brakes are locked solid. o_O I have never changed the brake fluid, so think it must need doing. :thinkingface:

So, tottle off to Halfords for some bike brake fluid. Anyway, the guy servicing the bikes tells me there is more than one type of fluid, which type of brakes do I have. o_O Errrrrr, pass. :worried: He did ask if it had been hanging upside down, as it had, he told me that air in the system had likely worked its way to the opposite side of the system, hance being no play in the levers. I've never heard this before, but I suppose he's experienced it.

Anyway, and here's the rub. He says........."I can bleed the brakes for you, we charge £20 per brake" :eek: and all with a straight face. :laughing: Me, trying to be diplomatic "I'll go and check which type of brake I have", my inner monologue is screaming "get f**ked" :mad:

Get home, bike has been the right way up for a couple of hours, the levers still have almost no play, but the brakes have freed. :cool:

IMG_4882.JPG

3. I have almost the same Cube bike and the same problem. I just cracked the bleed screw for a second and it sorted itself.

4. Last time I was in the halfords bike dept they tried to sell me a chain breaker to which I replied "I'm sure I can manage to remove the chain from a child's toy with the tools I already have". :upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. That will be tomorrow's job if it's no better over night. I had something similar happen to a GT I had, but not to this extreme, and cracked some fluid from the system, which sorted it. :upyeah:

6. nice photos :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. I really didn't/don't want to!

8. Wife just gave green light on a GSXR 1000 k4 track bike that's going cheap just down the road from me. And I don't even need to sell another bike. Said it can be an early Fathers Day present. I think she's having an affair.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. Just with the local rugby union team :)

• WTF WTF x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. Turns out she's been texting her mate with an arsehole husband and going through a messy divorce. She's always very nice to me after speaking to her mate as she realizes just how awesome I am. Normally results in a BJ.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. It does with the rugby team to be fair. :upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  12. That's a bad sign that is.........old age creeping in : unamused:

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. sat watching moto Gp ......Tv on the outside bungalow wall ..enjoying the sunshine ....

14. worked this morning for one and half hours now for a bike ride:)

15. tv pic1.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  16. I’ve just watched “the wedding”.

Sheldon and Amy looked wonderful :)

17. Went for a quick spin to buy some replacement gas cylinders for our life jackets and avoid the wedding. Stopped for a toffee crumble at Hatchet Pond :)
    20180519_124905.jpg 20180519_125001.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  18. CB25B9C3-7A52-4182-BDFE-25F0D73A80E4.jpeg ABDFE00C-F0F7-4B3D-A938-D63D32AEAB61.jpeg Put the bath in now making rhubarb chutney - seemed appropriate

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. Went up to Monjuic and learned a few things about the darker 20th century political history of Barcelona. Inevitably we found our way to Barceloneta and ate more wonderful tapas for lunch. Metro back to the Ramblas for an ice cream and now just chillin whislt Carole has a swim in the roof top pool. Last evening before flying home tomorrow :( but we’re back in 4 weeks for the MotoGP at Montmelo :D Andy

• Like Like x 4
  20. Hotel 1898 on the ramblas?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information