1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So what have you done today..?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by figaro, Mar 17, 2012.

1. Got a brand new Tonka toy to play with, it`s only done 0.8 hours.
    Same as this one
    volvo-l90h,6bc31991.jpg
    The cab is a nice place to be, it`s soundproof, has air con, the comfiest seat ever and more buttons to press than I know what to do with. There is even a button under the cab you press to lift the rear bodywork for prestart checks. The rear view is poor but it has rear cameras and proximity sensors so, "whats-a behind-a me doesn`t-a matter."
    It`s a lovely bit of kit but you know what, I still prefer the shonky old one. Go figure.

• Like Like x 5
  2. Went to the dump today. No not for a dump! Beautiful day but I promisedSWMBO I’d clear out the rubbish. No refuse collection here. Nice view from there though.
    @Ducbird I never thought of that duhhh. Loads of them there. I’ll get a better picture next time :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Also, went to physiotherapy for my arm yesterday. He said it`s not tennis elbow, he reckons I`ve probably had an hairline fracture and bruised the bone. Nothing is sticking out where it shouldn`t be so the possible fracture is ok, the bruised bone can take a year to heal and he said there`s not much can be done so....... he`s going to treat it as tennis elbow. I left his office with an elastic band and an appointment for two weeks. Hmmm???
    He said leave the bikes alone for a few months so, being the perfect patient I said ok. Little did he know that my Ducati will probably be SORN`d at the end of the month but, I will grab the opportunity to get a couple more ride in if I can. My off road bike still needs valves, stem seals and a few other bits so is parked up anyway. I figured he doesn`t need to know any of this.

Just a quick update. The physio also told me to start taking Iburofen I think, for a couple of weeks. My other half just asked if I`ve taken any yet, I said I had. She said the packet hasn`t been opened, I said I got some out the cupboard. She then said we haven`t got any in the cupboard, picking the packet up of the worktop,I bought these especially for you. I just looked in the cupboard, what I actually took, for my elbow, at 04:50 hrs this morning and again at 14:30 hrs when I got in, was Nurofen day and night cold and flu tablets. Not a good start.

#48323 Pierre 66, Oct 12, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2018
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Done a bit more on the father in laws garage today for him as it was too windy for flying lessons.
    He’s keen to get his bike put away for the winter bless him

100E71B1-5A6D-4538-B1C6-8E5A2CB266E3.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  5. I think, for the 1st time ever, I used a soldiering iron and didn't burn myself. :upyeah:

(It's like it never happened)

• Like Like x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  6. Big shovel

7. Weather shite, all cancelled for tomorrow, only thing left, light the fire and get pissed

• Like Like x 2
  8. Weather has been shite here for days. Today it cleared and a fantastic blue sky day was had. Nicked my bro’s Canondale bicycle and did 10k up and down some serious hills. Exhausting but exhilarating.
    Then spent all afternoon riding off road on my Husqvarna. Fandabbydoubledozo!

Tomorrow 5k walk followed by 2 1/2 hours of tennis followed by 5 k walk back from tennis if I can make it.
    Then probably pass out!

• Like Like x 5
  9. Tis but a baby one.
    One of the other firms on site run a big Cat, think it`s a 988. It has chains on the tyres and a bucket full of rock teeth, now that is a beast of a machine.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Chains, the tyres alone would put ya out of business. Love plant, scary maintenance costs. Break a tooth, your sacked lol

11. Drove 362km north to my youngest daughter’s uni as it’s her 21st today. We all got drunk and she told her mum, my wife, how much she loved her and she was sorry for being such a shit to her over the years! Tears all round. Oh how they grow up. She’s a good kid/adult, love her dearly. :D:D:upyeah::upyeah:

84DCD4B0-09A1-4A11-801F-4486F30C670E.jpeg

• Like Like x 9
    • Love You Love You x 1
  12. Got up early

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Last night we came over to Harrogate for a night out with friends. Staying overnight which is like a mini break.

Later on we are going to view a new house and swmbo’s plan, if all goes well, is to put a deposit down on it.

• Like Like x 4
  14. Hope all goes well for you.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. Ive got homework....writing a 300 word summary of the work done and history of my Hyper for Fast Bikes...sounds like it might get some considerable space...gave the forum a mention too..

• Like Like x 9
  16. #This could be the all new padded cell room for naughty forum users:grinning:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  17. I need a fiXXX today and have a spinup down to the coast & back:)i have one job to look at first late this morning then ready to Rock and roll:motorcycleduc:

18. The weather has turned a nasty shade of dark grey here, was hoping to get me some fix.
    Enjoy your rocking and rolling.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  19. Thks,,,,,,,,,,,,and enjoy your pretend biking today;)and maybe it might get better up your way tomorrow

20. Thanks, a blast out to the coast would do the world of good....... tomorrow?

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information