1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So what have you done today..?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by figaro, Mar 17, 2012.

1. Watching a world champion in the rain

9AB9DD57-8B2C-44A5-B562-667DB65FB1FD.jpeg

• Like Like x 5
  2. Just got back and all pumped up now.watching a bit of rugby to complete the afternoon:):upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  3. On the train to London to see Suede tonight !!

• Like Like x 2
  4. Last night we stayed with friends in Harrogate, which was nice. This morning we had a great fry up breakfast and left around 11am to head home before going to take a second look at a new house.

Second viewing was good and confirmed the things we saw on first viewing. Some compromises need to be made as the plot we want has already had kitchens and bathrooms choices made. But they’re pretty good and certain things have been upgraded (like granite worktops etc). So now we are in discussion about making a reservation etc etc. More discussions will take place next week no doubt.

When I got home I paid the balance of my snowboarding holiday - so all is hunky dory so far today!

• Like Like x 5
  5. Today I made a start on the Indian paving.
    DSC_0437.JPG
    Steve

• Like Like x 5
  6. BSB at Brands Quest

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Steve,Nice Bins;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Had a good day on the golf course, shot 2 under par on the back nine and picked up a nice few quid even after buying a round of drinks out of the winnings. :beer:

• Like Like x 2
  9. tip for today....

If you’re feeling constipated and you need something to occupy your mind while you’re sitting around, try toilet paper origami.
    With a little practice you can work your way up to creating a scale model of the USS Star Ship Enterprise. Then use it to circle Uranus and wipe out Klingons.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Brought another ducati, a special”e” one

11. Cracked on a bit with the father inlaws garage. Render done next job roof.
    Only a flat one
    Be done soon.

3C37D032-4A13-4D8A-A915-CDAFC6C2CC0C.jpeg

• Like Like x 5
  12. I made the wife a Caesar Salad for tea today.

The dog was pissed off, as it was the last tin

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  13. Building a media centre setup for my mother in law over the road (currently doing the shitty building work)....drobo came earlier this week (network storage), Quad tuner HD homerun came today...fucking awesome bit of kit. Best gadget ive bought for ages...

• Crap Crap x 1
  14. After returning from the Picos this week we’ve been Busy busy painting the front of our house - which has a 57’ frontage :eek:

Three coats of Keim paint - friking expensive but worth every penny - been lucky with the weather

• Like Like x 1
  15. Never heard of them and have just looked them up,

16. They don’t really advertise or sell in shops they come out look at the job give a written spec and prices and supply samples of their products they recommend - no sales pressure what so ever and their customer service has been exceptional and the do give discounts

They’ve been there every step of the way for us - we had to have three coats of latex paint removed which left very crazed lime wash type stuff under neath

Paints are VOC free and a pleasure to use - our old house can breath again :)

• Like Like x 1
  17. Interesting, thanks for that :upyeah:

18. Nice job of the rendering. What type of flat roof? I've just done one in rubber and had a small one done in fibre glass not sure which I prefer but I can do the rubber myself.

• Like Like x 1
  19. upload_2018-10-13_20-40-49.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 3
  20. Managed to replace the (leaking roof) and felt on my little 6 x 4 shed without breaking anything and it actually looks okay. It is wedged between the house and fence so going from front to back involved walking around the house!
    I have however lost a hammer which is well weird as I've looked everywhere including emptying two bags of leaves as I was convinced my wife had picked it up......

Do Not Sell My Personal Information