1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So what have you done today..?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by figaro, Mar 17, 2012.

1. Cascamite is one of the best out there but a bit expensive and probably overkill for a workbench, any polyurethane glue such as Gorilla glue should be fine.
    Steve

2. Thanks Steve. :upyeah:

3. Have you tried or heard of ‘joiners mate’, it comes in a cartridge so needs to be gunned. It’s by far the best I’ve come across, the only downside is it expands slightly when curing and leaves hard to remove stains on your hands.

4. Unless the boards are rubbing! Ring shanks don't squeak either... bit hard to get em out mind...

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. We need a DIY thread. :grinning:

• Agree Agree x 5
  6. Take one with you next time you go and share it ya mean sod.
    ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Not come across that one, there's so many about now and all very similar , the polyurethane based glues all expand so the pieces being glued need to be held together while it goes off.

Steve

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. True that, but it’s loads easier to lift boards later if you need to when screwed.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. NO NO NO ;)

10. Oh yes we do... is it panto season!
    :)

11. They don’t look good mind, especially if the floor is to be stripped. Nails are your friends in that case.

• Like Like x 1
  12. I had to install some chipboard floors in november, DSCN5212[1].JPG i screwed them all down into position,but in the kitchen section area he wanted that added glue X factor:rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  13. I always glue the joints on chipboard flooring, as chizel mentioned ring shank nails are just the job but screws are fine.
    Steve

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. you bought a house with one lil garage :eek:

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Either you're built like a racing snake or not putting yer back into it....

#50135 AirCon, Dec 16, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2018
    • Funny Funny x 2
  16. You don't work Fridays :eek:

17. Pain
    In the arse customer ?

18. Top of the pile:upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  19. I don't think he offers that service :weary_face:

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. Im starting to loose my marbles, it must have been Thursday. :astonished:
    Steve