1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So what have you done today..?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by figaro, Mar 17, 2012.

1. We’ve been looking at/shopping for new lights for the house. My heads frazzled.

2. Seems buying a new house is far more hassle.

3. I felt like a real gentleman when I opened the door for my mother-in-law this morning.

Did she appreciate it?

Not one bit - kept going on about me doing 50mph at the time.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Sat watching TV with a blanket over me, sore throat and niggling cough, so much for the flue jab.
    Steve

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Snooker is on. Have some night nurse. Combined, That should put you to sleep.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. In all seriousness this is hell. This will be my 10th house (and the 4th new build) as an adult and I can’t remember any of the previous moves being as complicated and/or traumatic.

I’ve told SWMBO this is the last time I’m doing it. The next time I move I’ll either go into a home or they’ll carry me out in a box.

7. I took mine off the market this week. Now I've got the workshop, and the garage is a bike only space, I've decided I'm going to stay.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Carried on from yesterday... removed a cylinder head from a 2015 208 3 cylinder french turd because of it using oil. Needed to remove the pistons to pop new rings in simple nar not a chance FFS ...

Removed the little sump then had to remove the sub pan base as this was covering nb 3 conrod. So some french twat decided to attach the rear main seal housing half to the block and half to the sub base pan so were is the other 2 bolts yup behind the flywheel FFS.

So removed the engine and box split the box removed the clutch then flywheel and there they are ... so all 3 pistons are out the bores are like glass so ive ball honed those. The head needs a decoke and the guides checking for wear ... the pistons need cleaning and ringlands made minty as the oil control rings are stuck in as i thought in the first place it needs a new clutch and the bill is going up all because lack of oil changes ...

So the moral of the story is as ive said many times is keep away from anything 3 cylinder and anything with long life so called service times because oil and filter every 10 or 20k and your engine will be toast ...

9. Made this. :yum

• Like Like x 4
    • WTF WTF x 1
  10. Got the fascia started today.
    IMG_0504.jpg

• Like Like x 9
  11. ‘Tidying up my spices’ has ended with repainting my grandads cupboard that he built to store his honey in and a kitchen re jig

• Like Like x 2
  12. Just watched finding nemo. . Classic

Sorry #classic

13. Went to Sammy Miller's museum and actually paid to look around. A few random photos:
    :)
    DSC_8774s.jpg DSC_8776s.jpg DSC_8781s.jpg DSC_8782s.jpg DSC_8792s.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  14. Went to work , planned 5 doors , then went to do some tiling in a kitchen to get ahead .
    And yes , I'm a gas engineer , the joys .

I have however spent 2 hours going over my ER5 to get ready for the elephant rally .

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Went to Sports Bike Shop in Boston, a long drive and not quite what I expected. Didn't really have a lot on show. Stopped off for a nice roast dinner and then into work to refit wheels to my mates RSV4.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Have you ever seen the advert with the duck and the elephant sleeping. ..... we were the inspiration for it..... and of course. .. I'm literally 3 times bigger than her.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  17. Just flown back from Prague - got in at midnight - a wobbly flight home into turbulent head winds meant we were a lil late :blush:

• Like Like x 1
    • Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
  18. So far today I have been very industrious.

1. Assisted SWMBO get a chest of drawers into her car to give to her brother later today
    2. Negotiated a 10% discount from one removal company and 5% discount from the second removal company after clarifying with both exactly what they are offering in terms of service
    3. (And by far the most important) I have confirmed/booked my Mugello trip and paid my deposit for transportation of my bike and the accommodation.

Oh and I've done a bit of work.

• Like Like x 2
  19. It would seem that there is a forum get together on the cards at Mulgello this year. There are a least 4 of us going that I know of so definitely calls for a beer IMO :upyeah: Andy

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information