1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So what have you done today..?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by figaro, Mar 17, 2012.

1. Trying to put the RC51 on a diet!
    1. 520 Chain conversion
    2. 15/42 Sprockets
    3. Braided brake lines
    4. New front and rear pads
    5. Gear indicator

sprok.jpg

brake.jpg

gear.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  2. MOT'd the Vespa. :)

Felt good to be back on the road, even on a scooter in 50mph winds. :upyeah:

She has an unblemished record too. :D

Screenshot 2019-02-09 at 16.37.00.png

• Like Like x 1
  3. F3CFE381-471C-45E3-B0BD-B6A00B28E339.jpeg
    This!

• Like Like x 3
  4. :eyes:

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. You with the eyes!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Ah, moles can't see :thinkingface:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. miles / kilometres / miles - something doesn't tally :thinkingface:

8. The odometers and speedometers are all in km on these. MOT tester error. :eyes:

I bought it brand new, so I'm at least 63.47% certain it's not a 2 halfer. o_O

9. :thinkingface:

10. :worried:

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Nice day today despite the weather. Our trainee at work bought his first bike september last year....bought it from a place in Bristol...eBikes. Never ever go there...they literally sold him a death trap. Anyway he's been steadily doing bits and pieces on it. During the week he bought a new hel front brake line. The back wheel keeps on sticking (so he tells me). I told him to bring it over today....so, i had an afternoon of tuition and training with him. I cant believe the ineptness of the shop that sold him the bike. I can only presume the Rear brake shoes were worn so they changed them and literally oiled, cleaned and greased absolutely nothing so the whole rear wheel was dry. Anyway, total strip down, clean and grease of the rear wheel assembly, along with a how-to of brake care, strip down, clean, service and setup of hydraulic brakes. Took a few hours to get it all done but he went round the block, came back and was well chuffed. Now he sees the value of motorcycle care and servicing. Plus, its nice to teach people. Very satisfying.

• Like Like x 8
  12. Trimmed the hedge, I like gardening this time of year, weather is perfect for outside work. Cut the cable in 1/2 of course. Obviously forgot to unplug it before wiring it back together. ZAP!!!!

• Face Palm Face Palm x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Watched paint dry - again o_O
    It’s a byproduct of applying it wet to the walls & ceilings.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Apparently I blew my chances of getting a job at my local police station today by answering "no comment" to every question at my interview.

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. Whilst watching the Italy v Wales rugby match this afternoon, I was treated to Carole’s first attempt at home, hot smoked pork butt (why butt when it’s shoulder I have no idea) that had been cured in salt, sugar and hot sauce before putting in the smoker with cherry wood. Oh my ! Right proper pulled pork that tasted absolutely delicious :yum Andy

• Like Like x 2
  16. Dirty boy!
    ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Ffs I can still log on. :poop::poop::poop:

• Crap Crap x 1
  18. Belated happy birthday DB, hope you had a good one and many more!!

19. More Burt Munro stuff today and yesterday, Circuit Racing (at the worlds southern most racing circuit, Teretonga), Speedway, solo's and sidecars, and today Street Racing, t'was a good 4 days of motorcycle action.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teretonga_Park

• Like Like x 3
  20. Went to the airport.

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information