1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So what have you done today..?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by figaro, Mar 17, 2012.

1. Worrying times ahead,lets' hope they get the correct shoulder;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Today I had the day off to recover from the weekend spent recovering from the Paris trip...
    Done a bit of online shopping..
    Got a tyre inflating gun, impact gun and a jumpstart thingy with a lil built in compresser and inverter...

• Like Like x 1
  3. Car was in for a cam belt change (including water pump as it’s a Spanish VW) and MoT today. Garage phoned to say the brake fluid was overdue a change before it went for the MoT so come the test, the car passed. At 5 years old and 58,000 miles, I’m pleased the EU6+ compliant diesel passed the new diesel limits, the receipt states no emissions print out supplied because the results were so low.
    Continuing my earlier pensions post theme, I also had a phone call today from an Aviva Compliance Department representative to confirm that a SIP I took out a good few years ago with a company Aviva recently acquired was inappropriate for my circumstances and they will be contacting the pension provider I transferred from to see how much the fund would have been worth had I left it in before making me a compensation offer. Now that is a first in my experience of the big Insurers especially as I would not have known any different if they hadn’t said. Mind you, given the small amount of money I invested, I’m not expecting to be able to afford a Desmosedici D16RR but it might buy dinner and a few beers which would be nice. Andy

• Like Like x 2
  4. I thought we were just catching up for a cuppa!!

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Nice chap that you are, unsurprisingly, you do not have the same attraction that Carole has so I’m afraid, yes we are just catching up over a cuppa :upyeah: Will be in touch. Andy

• Funny Funny x 3
  6. New battery fitted to the camper van, she starts like a beauty now!

• Like Like x 2
  7. 73FB9B4F-B1F0-4AF8-852A-88EF9F1B47FC.jpeg Cleared out some old boxes of files today - mostly old household bills from 1998-2004 but in amongst them was our long missing ‘important things’ folder with birth certs, marriage cert etc etc. I knew I’d put it somewhere safe ;).

Oh, and I also found this. An unopened Bike mag from April 2002. 17 years old. I’ll enjoy reading that.

• Like Like x 4
  8. Called into my local this afternoon for a quick one or two and met one of my mates, he told me he had rented one of his mother's stables to a bloke for temporary storage, then he told me what was stored, two monkey bikes and a Honda 600 which held the 600cc speed record at Bonneville Salt Flats , when I asked whether I could see it he said it was only there a week and was sold.
    Bugger bugger bugger.
    Steve

• Like Like x 2
  9. Well today I’ve been in the office for a few hours then left at 3pm to beat the traffic to Yeadon where we are staying.

Tomorrow we move into our new house :eek:

• Like Like x 9
  10. Yeah, congrats for tomorrow, the corks will be popping!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Hope the move all goes smoothly :upyeah: Andy

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. Good luck and all the best:upyeah:
    0924a9ed7d0779bbbc4ccb31830bac58.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Been nursing my cough/cold I think it’s broken today thankfully
    My head has stopped hurting

• Like Like x 4
    • Love You Love You x 4
  14. I don’t think I posted results of my PET scan, the lesions in my pelvic area are not active thankfully
    The pain is mechanical from the damage done
    My stem cell transplant is doing it’s job of keeping the Myeloma in partial remission

• Like Like x 8
    • Love You Love You x 5
  15. Time then for some more Greg James;)

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. That’s great news,your fighting spirit is an inspiration to us all.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  17. Been gigin’ 4D66C23C-290B-4947-BF87-7AB02DA650FE.jpeg

• Like Like x 6
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  18. Been for work to Nuneaton , I better not comment any further as it might be offensive to some ........

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Blubbed my way through most of Goodbye Christopher Robin

• Love You Love You x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information