1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So what have you done today..?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by figaro, Mar 17, 2012.

1. Oh yeah you can see the similarity!
    A990DAE1-3972-4CD3-A469-42AB14F28C52.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Picked Carole and a friend up at 6am and took them to Heathrow T3 to fly off to Miami to pick the cruise ship up for a 5 night ‘Monsters of Rock’ Caribbean cruise. Saxon headlining ! Just got back having made good time despite the 50mph ‘Smart Motorway’ work from M4 J11 to J7. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  3. Just had a nice long walk, had a lovely Cornish pasty to keep me going, walked past my local and kept my head down, it's so warm out there.
    Steve

4. My Multistrada just passed the MoT with no advisories although the tester did find that the front wheel spindle fork pinch bolts on one side were thread bound and not clamping the spindle. Short term solution was a 2mm thick spring washer under each bolt head but when I’m in a tinkering mood, I’ll shorten all 4 pinch bolts for a more permanent fix. I also need to put a new rear brake disc on at some stage as the current one is on minimum thickness. Yes I know it’s hard concept to grasp but I do use my rear brake a lot and this will be my second replacement in a smidge under 30,000 miles. Andy

5. Found some old photos :)

A8399404-F2F9-480F-AEA4-2BC155FA2BFB.jpeg 704A2532-94E9-49BB-8FC0-DB3E71047459.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  6. Had they always been like that........... :eyes:

7. A real possibility although it was not mentioned in the previous 3 MoTs, all carried out by the same (very thorough) tester. To my knowledge (and failing memory) the pinch bolts have never been fully removed, certainly not by me. Might be an opportunity to look at some titanium bling :D Andy

• Like Like x 3
  8. Mine had a pre unit when I got it.
    Ended up with the unit engine, from a 6TA I think.

• Like Like x 1
  9. 650 Commando ?

10. Working the tools that have gone rusty,as it's been so long since the last project......but happy days are coming my way for sure:)

11. An 850 and I'm sure it was the other one was not 850, plus a collection of Bsa i like my neighbour :upyeah:

12. If it is a Norton and it is 650cc it'll be a 650ss. If it is a Norton and it is a Commando but not 850, it will be 750cc. Andy

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. Checked in on the work in progress...

IMG_5453.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  14. Any recent pics ?
    Do you ride it much. I haven’t had a British bike for about 20 years and sometimes wonder what it would be like with all the traffic etc now.
    Loved my triton, one of the few I regret selling. That and my 3TA - best workhorse I’ve ever had.

15. Been reorganising the garage to accommodate my new Supersport S that's arriving 1st March it's going to be a bit tight

• Like Like x 3
  16. Well today our move has been progressing really well, no thanks to me because I’m cack handed.

We had some help yesterday with the actual move from #2 son and his wife and today my friend Darren has been over and has fitted curtain poles, plumbed the washing machine, fitted a boiling water tap, fitted coat hooks, fitted mirrors, a new dining room light fitting and has just put the new house number plate up. All whilst I have been emptying boxes in the garage and trying to sort that out so I can get my bikes back ;)

Tomorrow I’ll be hanging up art and doing simple stuff!

• Like Like x 6
  17. Found a couple more.

My 3TA

C2B6D96E-545E-440E-A246-3382CB352A55.jpeg

And why you shouldn’t use a brick wall to stop.

636F3CB2-CC8F-4794-8975-06E74F898A53.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information