1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So what have you done today..?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by figaro, Mar 17, 2012.

1. I think my "good deed for the day" has gone into overdrive....As ive said before our Junior at work bought a cb125m from a local bike shop (eBikes) in Bristol - never ever go there.... i did at the time say "if you find something, give me a shout and ill take a look at it"....anyway...they mot'd it (which now 6 months has transpired) - and it was literally a death trap. The rocker cover was pissing oil, so much it got low so the mains are now knackered....

So, making lemons out of lemonade the whole thing has now become a learning exercise in how to strip a bike, look after it, service it, and ultimately make a silk purse out of a pigs ear....so, today...

1. Stripped bike to the frame.
    2. Dropped engine over to a mate who rebuilds engines for local bike shops
    3. Taken the tyres off the wheels.
    4. Created some nice tidy piles of bits for, cleaning, recoating and storing.

How nice am i!!

PS....its only a commuter but, build thread...its in a ratty fucking state...!

• Like Like x 4
  2. 1975/77:thinkingface:

3. Pictures:thinkingface:

4. I'll take a load tomorrow but heres a few... 20190316_125722.jpg 20190316_125734.jpg 20190316_125738.jpg

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. I think about 75, i was born 66, I want a red Chopper now must stay off eBay tonight :p

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. So has ‘Junior’ actually ridden it yet?

7. Takes me back it does (50 this year)....kinda gonna be fun this is to see what we can get out of it...(im open to suggestions) by the way....when the motor has been stripped for coating we're gonna take a dremmel to the intake and exhaust port and polish them out.

The exhaust was literally 50% smaller at the head so we ground that out also to open it back out (they welded a pipe in there and then cast the very front also) took about 30 mins to grind it all out...

• Like Like x 2
  8. We’ve just been to see Mike and the Mechanics. Ace!

• Like Like x 2
  9. Yeah - he's been using it for the last 6 months (while its got progressively worse) - he's not had the best time on it tbh - came off on some diesel about 6 weeks ago, making the already battered paneling even worse! - came off again last week which scratched his lid (car went into him from the side) and bent the bars, as i said the mains have now gone so thats getting louder and louder so we made the decision to strip it yesterday....the plan is to have it back and running in the next few weeks so its ready for the summer....This is the most depressing part (for him) as he turned up on a bike and now its in 3 corners of Bristol already. Once we start to receive stuff back either working or coated then it should become a much more pleasurable job.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Pm sent

11. Bought tickets to see loads off stuff at the forthcoming Manchester International Festival. Later today buying tickets to the End Of the Road festival as the line up looks to be pretty cool this year.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Full service or just a oil change sir;)

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. How many bikes do you have:thinkingface:as i've lost count sir.

14. Commiserations or looking to your expand your collection?

15. Nothing so far but may have a spin out to Fowlers later today

16. Regretting not looking at that 900ss superlight for sale over the weekend:(

17. Something very strange just happened this morning, I had to have a move round in the garage this morning as a couple of bikes are off for service, beautiful morning here so thought I would get the bikes out of winter hibernation, so first thing off to the garage with a Jerry can to get some fresh fuel, 5 litres put into each bike, wheeled them outside gave them a quick once over and fired them up, last out of the garage was my 1299 now this has not been used for a good 8 months as my Bmw s1000r has done most of the work since getting it last year, anyway 1299 ignition on, fuel pump springs into life, dab the starter , well bugger me when it fired up I could feel every thud of the big old twin in my chest as it ticked over, gave the throttle a little twist and woke the devil up,boy these big twins really stir the sole.
    image.jpeg

• Like Like x 9
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  18. Probably the last of the really fantastic looking ducati superbikes ^^^

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Put foot in mouth, yet again. Apologies @KevR. Andy

Do Not Sell My Personal Information