1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So what have you done today..?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by figaro, Mar 17, 2012.

1. Kinky!

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. I
    i see they’re playing at the academy, one of them proper music venues.
    Have fun.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Sat in Little Nellie's on the A339, making an expensive cup of coffee last until my mentee arrives. Got a nice little route planned out to the Edington Farm Shop and back via Hungerford. Should be about 100 miles so ample opportunity for him to demonstrate his ability to put Roadcraft into practice in a safe, legal, systematic and smooth ride. I don't know, the bullshit I come out with sometimes. He is an experienced blood biker so I expect a fun ride out :D Andy

• Like Like x 3
  4. Gave my mate a lift to the local Kawasaki / Royal Enfield dealer to pick up his wife's Z300 a hour later I had put a deposit down on a new Enfield Interceptor not sure if to tell the wife or not at the minute I promised not to buy another bike this year
    Buggar in the dog house again

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Feeling rather old today. Wish I was 20 years younger.

6. Ordered some new fairings for the 999

• Like Like x 1
  7. I've just discovered that a guy I went to school with (we were friendly'ish as our mums were good friends) is a screen writer and has regularly contributed to 'Have I Got News For You', 'Mock the Week', 'Election Spy', 'Room 101', 'Top Gear', 'Spitting Image', 'Would I Lie to You?', 'Never Mind the Buzzcocks', 'Celebrity Juice' and loads of other comedy programmes on TV and radio. He is apparently also a regular contributor to the satirical magazine, 'Private Eye'.

Thing is, he was never particularly funny at school. And he was ginger.

8. My brother house shared in York with Harry Enfield - my bro was the 'punk' influence that Harry's Dad wrote about in a newspaper article. Evidently Harry showed no signs of being a comedian back then either, he was a t York Uni at the time :thinkingface:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Don’t you get enough of that on here :)

10. Not of the vintage type. Just the arsehole type :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. A25 in oxted this morning,spotted this little beauty...............someone's weekend has started with bang pill:):upyeah:
    DSCN5363[1].JPG

• Like Like x 4
  12. Ooo, a 488, 3.9 litre, twin turbo .... mmmmm. About £200k new ? Andy

• Like Like x 2
  13. And there was a black one as well:)

14. Beautiful.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Yes and i want one for christmas please:upyeah:

16. Okey dokey ill make a note! :)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  17. Half a day training this morning.
    Then back home, fairings put back on, bike washed, tyre pressures checked and chain lived in preparation for the first run out of the year tomorrow :) It seems to have been a long bloody winter this year!

Time to have a quick shower and then to the local for a few tea time pints and trying not to think about the struggle of getting the leathers on following putting a bit of timber over the winter :confused:

If anyone spots me, they may look like they're painted on tomorrow :joy:

#52898 Ben Mallinson, Mar 22, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Just sold my old '86 5ltr Trans Am, had it since April 91 and even though it hasn't turned a wheel for 15 years I'm still going to miss it but I need the space. Low loader comes tomorrow afternoon. :sob:

19. Today I took the 1980 Hailwood Replica 900 bevel out for a ride. Now the clutch is working properly and not slipping, this is the first time I have been able to hold at full throttle for several seconds together. What grunt. In theory it has only half the power of the Multistrada DVT, but in practice it feels like a lot more. Tracks rock steady. Sounds terrific. This is lot of fun.

• Like Like x 7
Do Not Sell My Personal Information