1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So what have you done today..?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by figaro, Mar 17, 2012.

1. Was at the hospital this morning to have the pin removed from my shoulder. Went well, but not a pleasant experience. All good but over the last three hours it has started hurting like a pig.

Nothing that some painkillers and some good whisky can't sort. Breakfast could get interesting... :astonished:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Good luck.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Who’s her driving instructor? Fred Flintstone?

4. Loving the langoustines. Try them as sashimi (raw) sometime if they are ocean fresh, you will be amazed what a difference!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Get 'em out to work as soon as poss, and off load 'em. Fookin parasites.

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. The Icon passed the MoT, now in Penarth having visited Carole's mum in hospital in Cardiff. She's very poorly but given she eats little and drinks less, not surprising. So far all tests and scans have found no reason for the very low sodium levels or why the intravenous drip is having little effect. Here for the weekend for a family bbq and pow wow about the way forward. Andy

7. Driven from home to Eurotunnel l, no crappy traffic probs on the M40, M25 or M20 for a change and first on the train heading to our place in France to sign some paperwork for the estate agents and pass the keys over. Got some viewings early next week and hopefully someone will buy it so we can another further south

8AF49361-18C6-4A1D-8B4E-9CDFCFBF8A78.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. You would think so ..... apparently she thinks she was too close to the pedals

9. Just received this from Netflix. Either my account has been hacked or more likely my son (who is a physicist) is in Geneva - nice to know where your children are........

Untitled-1.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  10. They came off the boat that morning, Union Hall, West Cork. However, where do you get ocean fresh langoustines on the top of the alps? :thinkingface:

11. weird, This evening I had my first phishing text claiming to be from one of my banks and said that they had noticed suspicious activity on my account, knew my first name too and I need to confirm the activity was genuine by following a link within the text.

Signed in on laptop instead to the online account and nothing in my official messages from the bank.

I haven't used that card for a few weeks but used it today at pizza hut

12. Err, I’m no Dr but if she eats little & drinks less no wonder her sodium levels are low. When we perspire, which is all the time we lose sodium (sweat is salty, no?) if you don’t replace it with sodium Co Tsing food & liquid levels will diminish. Simples.

I hope she gets well soon :upyeah:

13. They broke the mould when they made me for sure:grinning::upyeah:

14. We have a friend of SWMBO staying with us this weekend, from London, so today we took her to Garnish Island, aka Ilnacullin, in Bantry Bay. A windswept, desolate piece of rock converted into the most beautifully landscaped sub-tropical garden over 40+ years. Well worth a visit.

The last 2 pics are some of their giant dahlias for @Davebird

ps. Despite popular mythology the weather is as it is in the pics all summer in this part of West Cork. #microclimate :)
    E7B36D8C-D3F7-4040-9198-CF101E65D87B.jpeg
    5FAC6212-4B61-4DAA-84B5-718AFE127831.jpeg
    98F016B9-66E2-490C-9DDD-27D630C325BF.jpeg
    1231115B-9E64-460C-A372-D45F7F42BA2F.jpeg
    4ED7EDFC-CED1-4B12-A910-19B60C07A854.jpeg
    D483E82E-9415-4D66-B0A4-2F6F31C77D6E.jpeg

• Like Like x 7
    • Love You Love You x 1
  15. With or without garlic bread;)

16. Without, they've also stopped doing pasta spirals in the salad bar, bastids

• Like Like x 1
  17. Blame it on Brexit;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. You don’t want to be part of Europe so that’s what happens ;)

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Pauline is 86 years old, stubborn to the Nth degree and steadfastly insists on living on her own. She says yes to your face and goes and does her own thing. How does the old saying go, “you can lead a horse to water but you can’t make it drink”. Andy

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information