1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So what have you done today..?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by figaro, Mar 17, 2012.

1. took Elsie out for an autumn sojourn across the West Yorkshire country roads

st3.jpg

st4.jpg st2.jpg

• Like Like x 12
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. well, having just renewed the insurance (£83 fully comp with Devitts), I decided I should re-introduce her to an alternative environment than her shed ;)

#57683 wroughtironron, Sep 16, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2019
    • Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  3. Grate
    915.jpg
    Great :eyes::upyeah:;)

• Face Palm Face Palm x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. :yum

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. That's a very good price so there's no excuse not to use her:upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Was with Peter James, but their renewal was £117, so I shopped around (Moneysaving Expert Dot Com) :upyeah::upyeah::upyeah:

I'm 64 and had bikes officially since I was 16. Never had one single claim - I must get out more.......

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Ron,Yeah i use the silly web for quotes every year & compare with the existing insurance provider and then make my mind up time,but will try PJ next time around.:upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  8. I've three bikes, all insured with different companies.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. A bit grey and dull here today, so four tasks accomplished:

1. Sorted MiLaw's electric towel rail. It keeps tripping the fuse.
    2. Sloshed 10l of ad Blu into the Mrs. Disco Spt. 10l per 5500 mikes. Not great.
    3. Fitted a set of Ex's Exact Start cables to the 748r. Started her up and its true, it started on the button. Last time it was fired up was two weeks ago and then it nearly did not fire. So, happy bunny. I will update the for sale thread with testimonial after a few weeks of use.
    4. Fitted @Tommy B 1098 sidestand to the 748. Really pleased with that, sooo much better. And it's the same colour as the original, so very, very happy.

I had not intended doing 3 & 4 until the weather got worse, when I plan a very light resto but, c'est la vie. Also, no further "mods" to the 748. I want it nice and standard.

Now time for late lunch before schools out.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Just had a Thai massage at my hotel in Turkey from a Thai lady
    never had a massage before was good and hope i fill more relaxed and flexible in a day or two, next thing I’ve not had done my back, crack and sack anyone recommend it :D

• Funny Funny x 3
  11. Cleaned/waxed two bikes ready for M.O.T's tomorrow or the next day & a reasonably quick time frame.:upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  12. Bumped into an old mate down at the local tesco's. Worked with him for 17 years then careers went down different paths as did we. 55 he is and I ask, how's life bud, he tell's me he has colon cancer.

He said they noticed something wrong 4 weeks ago and went to the gp who did the finger test and within days was having x rays, bloods and mri and a referral to London and the UCLH. They say they have definitely caught it early and he goes in next Thursday to try and remove it all out.

After Lungs, prostate and colorectal cancers are the next two biggest groups of cancers amongst men, and where they do kill you is more about males being unaware or uncomfortable taking care of themselves. Sure a finger up your arse is embarrassing but given the consequences, I'd rather be embarrassed

https://prostatecanceruk.org/

#57696 noobie, Sep 16, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Just booked a weeks holiday for next July with all the family in Northumberland :)

14. @bradders my sons score card from Sundays medal final, he's just started playing again after a 6 year lay off.
    IMG-20190916-WA0000.jpg
    Steve

• Like Like x 2
  15. Twister? :thinkingface:

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. 2 weeks of on and off DIY and my daughters room is revamped... A few before and afters...

20190916_192136.jpg

20190916_192124.jpg

20190916_192210.jpg

20190908_153301.jpg

20190916_192146.jpg

• Like Like x 4
Do Not Sell My Personal Information