1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So what have you done today..?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by figaro, Mar 17, 2012.

1. Worked in cornwall for the last 2 days! Today in Penryn :smile: and missed Mr R :eek:

2. Got the superlight's side casings back from the powder coaters :biggrin:

3. Went for a blast well trundle on the rat bike.... needed to clear out some cobwebs .
    Poor SV chap :(

4. I think I've struck a deal with a local dealer. Both my bikes are due major services but I've only got £600 available, so I rang the dealer and asked if we can come to an arrangement whereby he does the bits I can't do, like valve clearances, throttle body and tps adjustment. We'll see what gives when I take the triumph over to him today.

5. sorrowfully gazing out my office window at the glorious weather and dreaming of a nice ride .

6. Took the Triumph in for a service and was unexpectedly offered a courtesy bike - albeit a slightly rancid Z750 with lime green rad hoses and a fine line in stickers. Nonetheless, it'd be foolish to turn down such a generous offer, so off I went to rediscover the art of screaming the tits off a 4-cylinder bike. And very nice it is too, handles far better than I expected, but it makes more noise than power, so I ain't a convert.

If you're in Slough, and happen to be the former keeper of a hideously decorated Z750, you'll be pleased to know I managed to get rid of the last three inches of ckicken strips for you...

7. So - while me n figaro are busy turning this into a Triumph forum, I went out today on me bright yeller 955i Daytona. It's got a Triumph oval carbon can on it, so it also makes a lot of noise but I think it's in vaguely in proportion to the power. It's great to go out on it - but when I then go out on the 848, I remember why I love my Duke so much. Not that there's owt wrong with the Trumpet - just a different tool for a different job if you get my drift.

Got Dunlop Roadsmarts on the 'tona and so far I'm mightily impressed with them. Only done about 1500 miles on them so far but will be interested so see how they last. Roadholding's pretty impressive, but it's difficult to say in comparison to me Michelins on the 848 mainly because of the totally different suspension and ride n everything.

8. Had me van M.O.T.'d today, with just an advisory......Whoo Hoo!!!

I hate M.O.T. time....I always start to expect the worst before it happens.

9. Had interview at head office.....:rolleyes:
    Got back, started to customise (butcher) some aftermarket rear indicators for the hypermo...
    Put up 2 small tv brackets on walls in bedrooms (don't tell er in doors but I initially fixed the bit that goes on the telly to the wall..oops)
    Plan to get indicators finished fri, go play on Saturday :biggrin:

10. Dull day at work, staring out the window at the sunshine, big shop at Sainsburys so no bike today, decided not to go to gym today as I swam further than I expected to yesterday (well that is my excuse anyway). Hubby was happy to agree not to go, I think he was just feeling lazy today.

11. Yeay,

The sun is putting an appearance in, through the quite thick coastal fog up here...and the postie has just delivered my new brake lines, so it's looking good for this afternoon....:wink:

Oh cock....I just dropped the bike off 120 miles away yesterday :mad:

Anth

12. Fitted a new MotoBatt AGM battery to my 900 superlight after my crappy old optimate boiled the lead acid battery dry over the winter :/ . Now just need to get a new battery tender. Bike is now not struggling to get the 1st pot turning and starts great . Other downside is the clutch slave leaked over the winter too so needs new seals and a bleed... just need to remember where I put the spare I bought years ago.

13. i`m saying nothing but heres my play pen.

IMG_1239.jpg

#53 ducati2242, Mar 24, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2012
  14. Painted my 900ss frame white using 2K.

15. Actually went out for a ride!

Had a cracking day round Hampshire, Surrey and Sussex in glorious spring sunshine. A339, brekkie at Loomies, A272, chocolate brownie in Petworth, some awesome flowing backroads from Petworth through to Shere courtesy of a friend on a Streetfighter, Newlands Corner and then made a better job of the Pirbright to Mytchett twisties than I have done in ages.

16. Took our injured cat for a walk on a lead/harness (recovering from a broken pelvis, broken jaw and major soft tissue trauma).....got my wrist ripped putting the harness on, got my arm ripped taking it off.

Used a can of brake cleaner and a litre of white spirit cleaning all the cr*p off the outside of my carbs.

Made cups of coffee for Paul563 and Geo7863, but as Geo7863 wasn't here, I drank it.

Gave the airbox a bath in hot very soapy water.

Made a list of all the sh*tty bolts and things that I don't intend to spend hours cleaning.....just going to get them in stainless...have a cost effective supplier on my doorstep.....pence, literally.

Cooked my own dinner and then washed up.

Fed the cat, and got my other wrist ripped for picking her up out of the way of the other cat who hates her.

I'm now going to find a beer (if they haven't all gone.................) and wait for The Chancellor to get home from work and bend my ears for not polishing the pins in her sewing box, or something.

AL

• Like Like x 1
  17. Went to local town, actually managed to get the shopping I wanted (we have a new mattress and needed deeper fitted sheets)., then quiet afternoon. Suddenly at 5pm we suddenly decided to go out for a ride, 45 happy miles later the world was a better place to be in. What is it about bikes that going out for a ride makes you feel so much better? I cannot ever imagine just going out in a car 'just because'.

18. Went out for a run on me Trumpet up to Newlands Corner, met up with Crystaljohn and watched the world go by in the sunshine. We then took a run down to Box Hill and spotted a few other Dukes around n about. Left there and headed back to Sussex where I peeled off at Horsham leaving John to carry on back to his place.

Went home via the Motorcycle Workshop at Bolney to check the Tona's zorst in advance of its MOT next month.

Got home and had a bottle of wine with Mrs K in the garden which sort of put paid to our dinner plans, so we got a Chinese home-delivery. Chinese not me fave thing but as I'd been out on the bike for most of the day, I thought that Mrs K could have what she wanted. :smile:

19. I nearly went to Newlands Corner. Then I changed my mind and went to the pub...

20. Decided after much deliberation to strip the 900 SS/IE and flog the bits :frown:

I'm never going to finish it ! The final straw was I got a race nose cone for it with the intention of finally getting some bodywork I liked, but it's going to take a stack of work to get it to fit properly. I'll put the Marchesini's and the forks on the carby SS and the swing arm on the superlight but the rest can go to help fund the SL re-build.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information