1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So what have you done today..?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by figaro, Mar 17, 2012.

1. I always find a shedfull of beer works. :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Where are you going?

3. It’s on you bucket list apparently?

4. Vietnam?

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Gloss or Satin,

6. That’ll be the one, we fly into Hanoi and out of Saigon, just under three weeks to travel the country
    Hoping the virus doesn’t interrupt the plan.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. i was just about to ask the same thing... gloss is a bit much and shows up imperfections a lot.. yellows faster to i think (if we are talking white here).
    yellows faster!!! lol, we all know that! i did mean it goes yellow faster...

• Like Like x 2
  8. is the virus there now? ive not heard this, only about china but then i dont really keep up with the news.

9. satin. Use gloss as a generic term.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Two cases in Vietnam, five in Thailand, so far!

11. well, keep ya money in ya pocket and ya hands to yaself would be my advice.... youll be fine... not sure the combined population of these countries but it sounds like a reasonably low percentage of people infected!

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. I believe the “common cold” is also classified as a corona virus.

Is it just me that thinks this all seems a little over the top? Regrettably 81 people have died and 3000 are infected in China..............but the population is 1.5 billion! Hardly an epidemic so far, in my view.

13. They mentioned this call on R4 today. Led to a welsh woman giving up her bank accounts contents of £2K

14. Gabriel Leung, the head of the Li Ka Shing Faculty of Medicine at the University of Hong Kong told a press briefing that his team's research indicated that there were likely around 44,000 cases in the incubation stage in Wuhan, adding that the rate of infection will double every six to seven days.

"This is based on computer modeling, it doesn't mean it's necessarily going to happen but he said it is a forecast, a sort of worst-case scenario,"

Expect China death toll to exceed 600 by the weekend. They haven't quarantined 60 million people for nothing.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  15. Hmmm that still leaves 1.44bn people left ;)

• Funny Funny x 2
  16. when you put it like that it sounds a lil scary.... i have 2 brothers in china (dalian city) unfortunately they cant leave either...

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. True but doubling every six days would quickly add up. Wait until people start running out of the quarantined areas and over the land borders.

The UK are currently searching for 1400+ people currently who have returned recently from Wu Han.

18. The big thing here is there’s no vaccination available yet, so until one is found it’s going to keep on mutating and spreading and taking lives.
    Measles is far worse but as we know there is a vaccination for that.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Measels killed 80 in Samoa last December!

They think a Chinese flu vacination could be ready in six months. Then distribution after manufacture... So ten months?

How are they going to maintain food etc to the 60 million in quarantine. Or law & order. Or stop them all leaving that area if they decide to?

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. I'm appalled that anyone finds any of the virus news/statistics/whatever funny. These are people dying - with many more inevitable deaths soon to come not only in China. To infer that because China has a large population it's ok to lose a few. FFS!

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information